Circuitbenders Forum > Banter

EMU DRUMULATORS

(1/3) > >>

MrMOUSE:
Does anyone have a clue as to how to reset the factory presets on the drumulator 7000 series?  Thanks

Gordonjcp:
Load them in from tape.

MrMOUSE:

--- Quote from: MrMOUSE on August 03, 2010, 09:17:15 PM ---Does anyone have a clue as to how to reset the factory presets on the drumulator 7000 series?  Thanks

--- End quote ---
thanks but there IS a secret command on that board to load them plus where would one get the tape?  Thanks!

Ciderfeks:
Did you make any progress with your search MrMouse? I am also trying to revive a seemingly dead Drumulator and making slow progress. I have learnt a few things though which might be useful to you...

If you are getting the BAd error message at start-up you can try clearing all memory using the following button push sequence, but remember this will wipe any patterns you may have stored:

Switch on.

Press the song/segment button so that the segment mode is selected.

Hold down the Insert/Erase button and press the Cassette button once, do not release the Insert/Erase button.

The message "poof" appears in the screen (no, really).

Whilst still holding down Insert/Erase press the Enter button.

Switch off and on again - all memory should now be cleared and the BAd message should be gone and the Drumulator should work normally.

It's also worth changing the internal battery as they were only meant to last for 5 years or so - you need a 2/3 AA, 3v Lithium battery with solder tags (2 tags not 3).

Unfortunately I have gone through the above procedures and got the machine to function as expected just with no sound other than the metronome. I've adjusted all the levels so now I'm thinking that maybe the eprom has been wiped or something and they're gonna need re-loading from tape and as you said - where do you find that?

Gordonjcp:
You can get the drumulator service manual from here:
http://manuals.fdiskc.com/flat/

Page 35 has what appears to be the audio DAC, which is passed to another DAC which acts as a gain control.  You could try listening at the output of the 6072 DAC and seeing if any sound comes out, then trace it forwards through the gain control, multiplexer and output buffers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version