This is a very simple guide on how to build the S-CAT Circuit Bent Dub Siren, just follow these simple steps......
1. Buy this on ebay....NEW ROADSTER 12V CAR VAN SIREN HORN 6 NOVELTY TONES Item number: 180332552152
2. Discard the horn and open the small compartment that has the 6 red buttons on top.
3. Remove the six tactile switches, that are marked PB1 through to PB6.
4. Remove the 100K resistor that is situated under the Board identification number...HY6TPB3. PCB, when viewed from the
componet side of the board.
5. Solder two wires into the holes from where the resistor has been removed.
6. Connect a 1M. rotary potentiometer to the end of this wire, the higher the value that is used, the lower it goes.
7. Cut the long black lead down to a suitable length, that is fitted to the centre of the board.
8. Fit a 1/4" jack socket, This is the audio output. A potentiometer can also be fitted in-line as a volume control, these units
have a very high output signal, so you may also want to include an inline resistor to drop the output level.
9. Remove the Power lead, which is at the opposite end of the 100K resistor that was removed in stage 4 and fit a 9v. PP3
10. When looking at the board from the component side, you will now need to fit the common earth wire into the hole that
the tactile switch was removed from, this is marked PB6 and is the hole that is closest to the right hand lower corner.
11. Connect this wire to the centre pin of a two-way (on/off) toggle switch and then daisy-chain it over to a further five
toggle switch centre pins.
12. Next you will need to cut and solder six wires into the second row of holes from the bottom of the board. Solder the wires
into the left side of each place that the tactile switches wre removed from, they are marked PB1 to PB6.
13. Now solder each of these wires to the outer leg/pin of the toggle switches that you have just daisy-chained together.
14. The next stage here is optional but is the pitch hold mod, this will stop the siren in its oscillating cycle and give a continious
note that can then be swept using the pitch modulation dial , see section 6.
The main chip on the board is numbered CS2103CP...You will need to connect a wire to the lower left leg and the second
pin in, on the top row from the right.
15. Connect the two wires to a two way on/off toggle switch.
Momentary on/off/on toggle switches can also be used for the six siren controls, just wire the two outside pins of the switch together with a jumper wire and then you can get a short burst of tone one way and a continious siren the other.
Detailed images are availale on request from spacecataudio-AT-yahoo.co.uk