Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kawai R-100 Factory reset?  (Read 17576 times)

dirtycircuits

• "Comment removed due to Terrorist prevention act"
Kawai R-100 Factory reset?
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »

Hi, sorry to keep bombarding you guys with questions... But -

Does anyone on here know how to perform factory reset on Kawai r-100 drum machine?

I accidently dropped a jack lead inside the machine while soldering on some wires and now half the drums don't work...

I've got the user manaul (not the service manual) but there's no mention of the factory reset.

I'd really appreciate any help here as these machines seem quite rare

:-*

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Kawai R-100 Factory reset?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:45:04 AM »

I've not got one here at the moment but its going to be something like turning it on while holding down Accent and Erase, or some combination of buttons like that. I remember finding it just by experimenting with different buttons before so it can't be that hard.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

S-CAT

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 09:57:22 AM »

Hi, sorry to keep bombarding you guys with questions... But -

Does anyone on here know how to perform factory reset on Kawai r-100 drum machine?

I accidently dropped a jack lead inside the machine while soldering on some wires and now half the drums don't work...

I've got the user manaul (not the service manual) but there's no mention of the factory reset.

I'd really appreciate any help here as these machines seem quite rare

This list does not include the Kawai R-100 reset but may have other reset procedures that would be useful to keep at hand.

Arron         http://www.dlse.nl/synthrepair/reset.html

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

it turns out i have two R100's and had completely forgotten about them!

To reset all the drum parameters just hold down ERASE as you turn it on.

To delete all the patterns turn it on then press ERASE and down on the up/down button just above the BD pad, then enter. Or at least i think thats how it works, i didn't want to delete the patterns on mine.

(EDIT)

Actually i've just found this huge list of factory reset's that includes the R100, its in french but its not that hard to figure out http://spmm.fr.free.fr/tests.htm
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 10:33:40 AM by Circuitbenders »

dirtycircuits

• "Comment removed due to Terrorist prevention act"
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 03:13:50 PM »

That's smashing, thanks.

SO - - R-100 : Pour initialiser les paramètres uniquement : maintenez le bouton [ERASE] enfoncés pendant que vous mettez sous tension . Pour effacer les patern/song : appareil sou tension, maintenez le bouton de sélection n°1 et appuyez sur [ERASE], puis sur [ENTER] deux fois .

Which apparently translates to -

- R-100: To initialize parameters only: support the button [ERASE] planted while you put under high pressure. To erase patern / song: apparatus penny tension, support the button of selection n°1 and press on [ERASE], then [TO GRAFT] twice.

As sugested, I spent 30 mins powering on the machine with different buttons pressed, and now it's back to normal again. A lucky escape there for me!

Thanks guys  :) :) :)

This Kawai R-100 Drum Machine and a half, eh? Midi, loads of outputs, trigger, metronome, tape sync and even has roland + korg din sync.

Just out of interest, do either of you good gentlemen know how I'd go about muting the individual drums? I'm guessing it's just a case of grounding out the correct pins on the correct chip, and then just a matter of wiring some switches, right? Where should I be looking

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 06:07:19 PM »

Just out of interest, do either of you good gentlemen know how I'd go about muting the individual drums? I'm guessing it's just a case of grounding out the correct pins on the correct chip, and then just a matter of wiring some switches, right? Where should I be looking

You'd have to assume that theres individual outputs from some chip somewhere in order to feed the individual outs on the back but i suspect that these output lines aren't then mixed externally to create the stereo mix or else you could just cut the board traces for each sound and put a switch accross them before they get to the mixer.

If you're unlucky theres a stereo mix out from the same IC you'll find the individual outs sourced from and everything is mixed in software from there, but i could be completely wrong. A schematic would help here.