Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Look what I found at a flea market!  (Read 26092 times)

pneaveill

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Look what I found at a flea market!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »

Lol, it's like this post has turned into a language lesson  ;D
So I take it that the difference with a Flea-Market is that it's held in a large warehouse???

Well, yes and no. It can be indoors, but have been to some that were out of doors also.

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 08:44:21 AM »

Car boot sales are usually held in a field where anyone can come and sell unwanted goods. Most of the time these sellers pay a fee for their pitch and will set up a table.
Some people also sell cracked software on disks (tsk-tsk) and other things like tobacco etc.
The great thing about Car Boot sales is when the event's finished for the day and everyone packs up, some people throw some of their stuff in the skip (if one's available) and some really good stuff can be obtained for free if you're willing to look  ;)
So I take it that the difference with a Flea-Market is that it's held in a large warehouse???

1.) Throw some of their stuff in the "skip?" Is that trash?

2.) Yes, it has become a language lesson.

3.) Not at all, flea markets can be held anywhere... churches, gymnasiums, schools, fields, parking lots...

Illuminasty

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 05:47:30 PM »

Car boot sales are usually held in a field where anyone can come and sell unwanted goods. Most of the time these sellers pay a fee for their pitch and will set up a table.
Some people also sell cracked software on disks (tsk-tsk) and other things like tobacco etc.
The great thing about Car Boot sales is when the event's finished for the day and everyone packs up, some people throw some of their stuff in the skip (if one's available) and some really good stuff can be obtained for free if you're willing to look  ;)

1.) Throw some of their stuff in the "skip?" Is that trash?

2.) Yes, it has become a language lesson.

3.) Not at all, flea markets can be held anywhere... churches, gymnasiums, schools, fields, parking lots...

1.) Yes and no. Let's say you took a whole car load of stuff you didn't want to a car boot sale and you sold some stuff but you didn't sell that crappy inflatable swimming pool or that old TV that's probably only worth a few pennies. You really can't be bothered to pack it back into the car then unpack it at home, so you throw it away. As they say; "one man's junk is another mans jam"... No I just made that up but you get the idea  ;)

2.) Wicked! I'll quiz you guys on something soon  :)

3.)  :o They're EVERYWHERE lol  ;D

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »

A flea market can also happen outside.  Around where I live there's a seasonal one that happens on rows and rows of tables in a dirt parking lot.  If anyone needs quantities of Steven Segal VHS tapes I can tell you where to find them.

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 12:53:27 AM »

A flea market can also happen outside.  Around where I live there's a seasonal one that happens on rows and rows of tables in a dirt parking lot.  If anyone needs quantities of Steven Segal VHS tapes I can tell you where to find them.

Or a bin of stained stuffed animals, right?

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2009, 09:55:57 PM »

Or a bin of stained stuffed animals, right?

All slightly dirty and stuffed with some toxic polynesian fiber

Illuminasty

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 11:14:57 PM »

If anyone needs quantities of Steven Segal VHS tapes I can tell you where to find them.

:o :o :o

deathbender

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2009, 02:52:42 AM »

Found a Realistic Concertmate 200 (VL-1/VL-Tone) at a flea-market yesterday. Didn't know how much fun the ADSR mode would provide  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:45:09 PM by deathbender »

deathbender

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2009, 06:11:06 PM »

Ok, this weekend it was a Casio SK-1 in near mint condition for 5 Euro.  Buried under some electronic parts and stuff... I just saw some keys, the letters 'CAS..." at one side and "...PLING Keyboard" at the other and instantly a small imaginary bell began to ring in my head...  ;)

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 05:49:44 PM »

decided to go to a car boot seems as its nice weather now in UK. i got a casio sa-8 for £3 which is a bit much but i got a box of old electronic bits (germaniun diodes mmmm) with about 12 pots and asorted resistors and caps for £1.10 very happy 
8Bit Brain Analog Heart

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 11:11:19 PM »

Ok, this weekend it was a Casio SK-1 in near mint condition for 5 Euro.  Buried under some electronic parts and stuff... I just saw some keys, the letters 'CAS..." at one side and "...PLING Keyboard" at the other and instantly a small imaginary bell began to ring in my head...  ;)

hey, me to found a sk1 for 5 euro in a fleamarket a while ago :D sold it for 30, and bought a full upgraded (32mb, fx board, scsi) ESI 32 and a scsi zipdrive for that, and still got 5 euro left  ;D

nochtanseenspecht

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2009, 11:21:28 PM »

btw, last fleamarked, "Queensday"here in Holland, i found a polysix, just here around the corner :)
of course it was broken, the leaking battery story... but today i fixed it
all together, synth+ new battery+ new ic , it costed me 100 euro and a few hours work
not bad i think.. so now i have 2 polysix  ;D ;D

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »

The major problem here is that in the UK car boot sales tend to happen at some ungodly hour of sunday morning and the chances of me being awake and out of the house at 7am on a sunday to pick up all the bargains are zero.

I fail to understand why these things happen from about 7am to about midday when it'd be a whole lot easier for everyone concerned if they just started at about 10am.

Nice job on the polysix by the way, i'm jealous  ;) Although the last polysix i had only had about 15 working keys and no amount of contact cleaning or the dozen other things i tried could get all the keys working for more than a couple of hours.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

nochtanseenspecht

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2009, 10:07:58 PM »

yeah, it 's a lovely synth.. mine to has few keys that don't function, but later on i midify it anyway i guess..
or exchange it for something else.. two of them in a mix is a bit to much maybe :)

deathbender

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 03:58:39 AM »

when it'd be a whole lot easier for everyone concerned if they just started at about 10am.

Lucky me thats the time when fleamarkets start over here at sunday... and there's one here on saturday from 14:30 to 19:00... now that's an acceptable time...  ;)
Pages: 1 [2]