Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Korg Poly 800 Data Entry Control mod  (Read 5371 times)

Faldoe

Korg Poly 800 Data Entry Control mod
« on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:23 AM »

I saw this mod online and it is brilliant. I opened up my Poly 800 and located the Program/Parameter switch and it's pretty easy to wire a push encoder for that but I need to know what value/type of encoder works best.

I found the switches for the Up and Down parameters and how to make the mod work, or so I think.

Each switch share a common trace so if using a 3 lug encoder, the common trace would be the wiper and then the other end of each switch would go to the outer lugs - the Down would go the the lug that makes contact with wiper when turned counterclockwise and the Up would go to the remaining lug.

Anyone have any info on this? Thanks.

voodoolikeudoo

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Korg Poly 800 Data Entry Control mod
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:30 PM »

rotary encoders don't work like that do they? You're going to need a microcontroller as well. Try reading up on quadrature encoder and grey code.

Faldoe

Re: Korg Poly 800 Data Entry Control mod
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 02:46:22 AM »

rotary encoders don't work like that do they? You're going to need a microcontroller as well. Try reading up on quadrature encoder and grey code.

Thanks, Voodoo. You're right. After reading up a little bit more on the topic, people have implemented with with a micro controller.

I asked someone on YouTube if they would share the schematic for their implementation of it.