Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: yamaha pss31  (Read 17933 times)

tonal

yamaha pss31
« on: April 16, 2006, 05:54:14 PM »

hi . new to this but real keen to get into it .got a pss31 yamaha. is there anyone can tell a dumb australian any tips on bending this one. also got a casio ht700 and wondering if you could tell me if they are good to bend .this stuff has me brainbent in a good way ::)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 06:32:10 PM by tonal »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: yamaha pss31
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 08:26:04 PM »

If this machine has a separate CPU and FM synth chip you might be able to do a 'dataline cut' mod where you cut the 8 links between the CPU and Synth that transmit preset data information and replace them with switches. With some switches turned off when you select a new preset sound some of the data for the preset will reach the synth chip and other bits won't causing some unlikely alien noises.

Do a search on the net of the serial numbers of some of the chips to find out if one is a synth chip, if you can find a datasheet it will tell you which pins are the dataline pins.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

tonal

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:15:01 PM »

so i got my pss.31 . trying to find chip info is real hard. seems to have a mind of its own now. probably full of dust.maybe someone has done a similar model can  advise me . i know me and if i cant find out soon ill probably open up the beast and start tinkering . just hope i dont kill it . could be a case of here goes nothin. and thanx for the advice you gave me man . just cant find the chip info you said to source. ill keep lookin for a while yet though and hope someone can help. cheers

iwillbeacircuitbender

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 06:43:17 PM »

Sorry, the data line cut cannot be done to this keyboard, as this keyboard does not use FM synthesis. It uses advanced wave memory. Perhaps I could help you by linking you to THIS thread below:
http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1267.0