Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: anybody got a pitch bend assembly they dont need or wanna sell cheap  (Read 6399 times)

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation

hi i need a pitch bend assembly of some sort and i dont really want to have to butcher a working machine for one basically i have a nihon hammond dpm 48  which has a fine tempo control and i would like to experiment with using a pitch bender to substitute for the pot so i can nudge it forward or back and it will spring back so i will have dj style control over my din sync gear ie main tempo , start, stop and nudge backward and  forward ,i plan to mount this into an external box with a trimmer pot for calibration and put a jack on the dpm , i also plan to do the same to my tr606 if its sucessfull (hopefully using the same assembly) so if anybody has a pitch bend assembly (the kind that turns a pot) without killing a perfectly good machine doesnt have to be any fancy ill give it a good home  ;)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: anybody got a pitch bend assembly they dont need or wanna sell cheap
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:29:40 AM »

Your best bet might be synth part dealers like this one here http://www.syntaur.com/4517.html

Either that or i guess you could contact just about any company like Roland etc, and buy a replacement wheel from any one of their synths from their spares department.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:36:03 PM »

Doepfer sell them for about a tenner I think... I've got the link saved somewhere, will dig it out.

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 07:13:04 PM »

Yeah, they're on this link, if you click Products, scroll down to Other and click Accessories and Spare Parts. Cost 10 Euros!
They've also got double ones and joysticks for 30 apiece.  8)

http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm

Also been vaguely looking into making them... seems like it just needs an angled bit of metal with a few appropriate holes, a pot, an appropriate knob and a torsion spring (called a fetch-back spring on the Doepfer site) to make the pitch wheel spring back to centre.

I haven't yet found the appropriate knob, but been investigating making my own, it's just a disc with a hole in the centre for the pot shaft, or even moulding the parts looks fairly straightforward!

How to make a two-part mold