Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Seeking for Casio MT-600 bends  (Read 5099 times)

Vitja

Seeking for Casio MT-600 bends
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:29:37 PM »

Hi everyone!

This is my first post.
Nice forum btw.

I'm not experienced bender, my only project was Kawai R-100 which turnout great  :)
So my girlfriend gave me her casio MT-600 to have some more fun and noise. She likes this kind of things  ;)
So can anyone give me some directions to start with?
There is lack of info on net about this little baby, but I like it, so I want to do some work on it.

I know some things are common for many of you but I have to ask.

Is it safe to experiment different connections without frying something out?
Can I take out trim pot and replace it with other pot to have more control? Is that common practice?
Since this synth uses SD synthesis it has digital oscilators and analog filter. Can I bend the digital part of the synth and do some modular mods on filter?

If you guys can give me a complete instruction diagram or photos what goes where I would be really happy and thankful.

Cheers!

Vitja

Timodon

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Seeking for Casio MT-600 bends
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 10:39:32 PM »

Hey

this is my first post for a bit too, but I'm a bit of a fan of the MT-series so I thought I'd pipe up! Not come across the MT-600 myself but it looks there's a few mods to be had here, particularly impressed with the flexibility this chap got out of the built- in filter:

Casio MT-600 Filter Mods

if it's anything like the rest of the series it'll probably do this sort of thing as well:-

Casio MT 640 circuit bent / modified

plus there will undoubtedly be some kind of screaming freedback/ distortion mod in there I'll wager. Get your batteries and your croc clips out and have a poke around.

Tip for not frying it: Work out where the power is going first. I've fried a few in the past.

Interested to hear how you get on!

Vitja

Re: Seeking for Casio MT-600 bends
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »

well, I fried it up  :-[
But bends sounded cool to me.
One thing is you can have analog filter on board.
And is MIDI, so you can drive it from laptop...
I will find another one...