Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Ridiculous ebay price rises on unbent machines  (Read 61890 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Ridiculous ebay price rises on unbent machines
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290503877029

Yes, you are reading that right. Thats £3.350 for a pedal that would cost you about £10 to build an EXACT copy of if you happened to have two Mullard OC75 transistors lying around, or maybe £60-£70 if you had to buy a pair at ridiculous ebay prices.

Not that having different transistors is going to make the slightest bit of difference to anyone who hasn't just spent £3.350 on a fuzz pedal.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2010, 07:55:14 AM »

I've got about two dozen OC71 transistors, all unused, sitting in a drawer somewhere.  Anyone care to make me an offer? ;-)
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2010, 12:01:52 PM »

:o thats incredible.. btw i happen to have a pair of oc75n laying around.. anyone interested for lets say £950  ;D

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

I'll give you £1500 for those transistors Gordon  :o  seems like a good deal

Z3R0

« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2011, 03:38:11 AM »

Now, this probably *is* worth the 130 quid buy-it-now...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170553182570

This is the seller i mentioned on another thread. I think they've got about five or six 505's up at the moment. They've knocked them down to £99 now though. 'Bargain'. I think this is more the reason for the prices things are going for than benders competing for them. People thinking they can make a buck from hoarding them and then selling them on. If they're prepared to wait ten years then yes. Notice all the casio's and little yamahas up for buy it nows too. there's no way i'd pay £29.99 for an SA1. Yeah, i've sold an SA8 before for £180 but that was one of those last minute things where you look and think WTF??? The usual was about £80-£100 which still makes buying one for £29.99 a little painful when you include parts and time in the scheme of things...

No logic to selling bent stuff just as there's no logic to the prices of stock kit at times. This is why s-cat has managed to get by by doing absolutely nothing new or interesting for three years now. It only takes a hand full of naive buyers to compete with each other.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2011, 12:29:19 PM »

This is the seller i mentioned on another thread. I think they've got about five or six 505's up at the moment. They've knocked them down to £99 now though. 'Bargain'.

....and if you actually look at the listings they all seem to say they are in pretty poor condition with missing battery covers etc.   :-\

Whats the point of actually selling anything bent on ebay if its already more or less hit the ceiling of what it could possibly cost bent or unbent. I'm not going to bother putting in the time and effort to come up with anything new or vaguely interesting on something like a 505 if its going to cost me £99 to actually buy one and then all my extra work is rewarded by a selling price of £130. Its happening on just about everything. Bent machines-wise i'd say its only worthwhile selling completely bizarre or original machines on ebay.

Innovation has been priced out of the market.

I think what might happen is that someone sells a modded version of something, and then the next dozen people who list the same item unmodded check what things previously sold for and without actually reading the titles or listinsg they think 'wow, look at what my item is worth, i'll stick it up with a buy it now just under that and it'll sell in no time'. Then the next dozen people do the same and fail to notice that the previous dozen sellers didn't actually sell their items, so the price is kept artificially high and nobody actually buys anything.  ::)

This certainly seemed to happen last time i sold a modded Akai S01 on ebay. For the next couple of months people were suddenly listing S01's with buy it nows of over £100, which just isn't going to happen!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 11:15:29 PM by Circuitbenders »

Z3R0

« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2011, 12:33:22 AM »

Jesus..... i just looked at that fuzz pedal....

22 bids..........

?????

That's insane.....

I guess there are people out there with more money than matters.

Which must be nice.

untune

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2011, 12:37:10 AM »

I guess there are people out there with more money than matters.

Have you ever walked past an Apple store? :P

Z3R0

« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2011, 01:47:48 AM »

I just looked again.... And so did spyware doctor....

Is a phishing site. Hence the cgi in front of ebay...

I wouldn't go browsing for stuff from there. Keep away....................

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2011, 02:25:23 AM »

no it isn't. For a start i found it by searching on ebay.

To quote a site about CGI pages.

'Many pages on eBay use a standard CGI (Common Gateway Interface) format, which is nothing more than a program name followed by a command and one or more parameters:
Here, cgi.ebay.co.uk is the name of the server, eBayISAPI.dll is the filename of the program, ViewItem is the command to execute, and item=290503877029 is a parameter. Any additional parameters are separated by ampersands (&).
In this case, 290503877029 is the auction number. Simply replace this with another valid auction number, press Enter, and you'll see the corresponding auction page. This is typically quicker and more convenient than using the Search page to open an auction by its number.'

If spyware doctor is telling you its a phishing site then its probably time you got a different spyware detector.

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »

I just looked again.... And so did spyware doctor....

Is a phishing site. Hence the cgi in front of ebay...

I wouldn't go browsing for stuff from there. Keep away....................

Okay, so eBay run a phishing site on their own domain?  That's an interesting prospect, I wonder why they'd do that?
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Z3R0

« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »

Ah fair play. Spyware doctor doing what it does to the extreme i guess. Having had my laptop raped twice by crap now my own degree of paranoia has become quite accute so i appologise for my error.

About those transistors. I work for an engineering firm. Anyone want to team up and make some 'authentic' clones haha

Z3R0

« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2011, 03:05:39 PM »

Oh, spyware doctor didn't actually claim it was a phishing site. It just said to 'exercise caution'.

So i did. And jumped to my own misguided conclusion.   ;D

SearchAndRescue

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2011, 08:42:10 PM »

I've actually thought about putting an ad in the local paper offering 10 bucks per speak&freak and 15 bucks for sk's, vss's, and other prime keyboards. Probly wouldn't work for things like 505s and 626s in a town of 30,000, but i'm sure that some of the old people in town have old toys from the 80s sitting in their attics.

Better than the alternative. I spent 81 USD and 20 USD shipping for one each Speak& Spell, Read, and Math, two Super Speak and Spells (not very bendable but they came with the lot) and two vtech computers and a bag of components. Individual speak&spells and Speak&reads were selling BIN for 45USD and 35USD, respectively.

Once came across a SK-1 at Goodwill for $2. Didn't get it because it had batteries but didn't turn on. What can I say? I was 14 at the time, no job, no money, so 2 bucks was a lot. Spent it on a Yamaha PSS-6 a few weeks later, one of the best bends I've found.

boycey

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »

am i missing something about the boss dr550 drum machine? i have one that i picked up on evilbay for a fiver last year, now they're going for ~£50  :o

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boss-Dr-Rhythm-Mk2-550-Drum-Machine-/170588273975?pt=UK_Drum_Machines_Grooveboxes&hash=item27b7da7d37#ht_500wt_1156

or even starting bids at £30????

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Boss-DR-550-Dr-Rhythm-drum-machine-/200563196128?pt=UK_Drum_Machines_Grooveboxes&hash=item2eb27f80e0#ht_500wt_1156

i'm most of the way through sorting out an 80s joystick control for some mods i did to mine for giggles, i've been hampered by the fact the case is so tight... is this machine a hidden gem worthy of serious time, effort and £s or is it the kids toy i feel it is?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7