Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Interesting "Black Blobs's"  (Read 12882 times)

Silas

Interesting "Black Blobs's"
« on: March 29, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »

Yes, yes.. I know what you think, "COB's aka. Black Blob's aren't interesting is that freak tripping?" Yeah, I probebly am..
Well, whatever let's get on with it..

Let's put togheter a list of Block Blob's that's interesting to bend, for whatever reason..
Well, it would in most cases qualify as a mod, and not a bend, but I will refer to it as bend's anyway..
Offcause you can't start a thread like this without something to show for it..

This 4 way siren, intended to be mounted on bicycles is an ok bend. It features Ambulance, Firetruck & Police sirens + a voice amplifier..

Each sound file is 3:58 min. long and is 3,63 mb large..
Feel free to scrool around in the samples, as it might get a little trivial in some places, but theres is some cool sounds in there.. Lots af clicking, static, noisy siren sound.. Hehe

Ambulance
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=7IKCT0W8XWK9

Firetruck
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=F8HP7IYVEOPM

Police
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=O2CP7IPCRTCE

citizin

Re: Interesting "Black Blobs's"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 04:15:30 AM »

i purchased a voice distort megaphone with a black blob on it. I've dropped it in line with my yamaha pss270 and its awesome, but is there a way to safely remove the epoxy and get straight to the chip?

Silas

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:23:25 AM »

but is there a way to safely remove the epoxy and get straight to the chip?

That's nothing else than impossible..

Silas

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 05:10:20 PM »

Aha, I return to see there is not much interest in this topic.. Well then I will share another very nice "black blob" for circuit bending! I think many of you know what it is, But I do not think anyone has reached the insane sounds I have found just recently.. I will return soon, when I have found a camera! Untill then I will not reviel what it is.. HAHA! But trust me, it's nice!  ;)

PolyPhuckin

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:16:39 PM »

I actually encountered a Black Blob today, in an old babies toy made by Chicco.
But i think i may have burnt it out, as it wont turn on after it crashed, i'll fire it up tomorrow an see what she does =|

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »

I've done a couple of those buddhist chanting boxes. They were both black blobs and didn't have much other than pitch controls but sounded pretty good.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Silas

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 10:50:54 PM »

didn't have much other than pitch controls

I can tell you what I got is really nice.. And I'm probebly only halfway.. :)

But yes, my experiences with black blobs has been a mixed one.. Some where interesting, some only had pitch.. But just wait hehe, it will blow your mind when you realise that's it's a black blob doing it all..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 10:53:20 PM by Silas »

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 06:14:11 AM »

I've just found a really interesting black blob in a Yellow Butterfly - it's WHITE!  :o

Is it an albino? Or something more? Just seems to respond in the usual way... no suprises there ;)

I find the Early Learnig Centre Music Edge Song Maker Juniors have interesting black blobs. I was expecting just a pitch control, but when starved of voltage or pitched up too far, they tend to glitch out in quite interesting ways! They also go a bit crazy if you hold a bunch of the pattern buttons down, overloading the chip. I've found two slightly different variants of the keyboard - one plays a melody when you turn it on, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't has less of a pitch range, but more glitch scope when you turn it up too far.