Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bin scabs ems synthi out of an sa 21  (Read 5064 times)

manufactured zero

Bin scabs ems synthi out of an sa 21
« on: August 19, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »

I burned the midnight oil (or atleast cained the energy drinks) last night and wen't on one of those random let's see what this does missions without really being aware of the fact i was doing it. Behold, 5 wasted hours of attempting to add a gated 4017 sequencer (if anyone can effectively gate them to work i'd really appreciate a bit of advice. I use transistors but i believe my method has aflaw somewhere) to the drums on it, five skinny red bulls and from whenever onwards until 1pm today i suddenly found myself with a 4 lfo, pitch, distortion and hi pass modded ugly red thing with the guts of a voice changer hanging out of it.

Very cool happy accident, it's both musical or abstract with plenty in between. Sounds like it's deep crashed when tweaked right but because it isn't it allows you to control the stuff it randomly kicks out. Reminds me of an ems synthi on a randomly tweaked runabout. The voice changer is as rough as a badgers arse but you can get some cool effects out of it.

If i can be arsed i'll try to finish it tonight and get it up here. It's been a complete pain in the ass to do but should be nice when it's finished :)

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
Re: Bin scabs ems synthi out of an sa 21
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »

mp3 ! mp3 !

pics ! pics !

;D

manufactured zero

Re: Bin scabs ems synthi out of an sa 21
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:48:54 PM »

I'll get a vid up once it's done.

If i had the patience i'd love to try to build something like one of oceanus's multi machine project. This thing would go nicely in the same shell as an sk or something.