Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: bliptronic 5000  (Read 4666 times)

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
bliptronic 5000
« on: May 05, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »

anyone else opened up one of these? i thought they looked great when you take the top cover off, rows of switches with leds in them.   But i thought the sounds were really annoying/shit after a while cause there is only about 7 and they all sound pretty similiar, i've seen folk syncing them to casio vl tone they have a sync thing on the side which works with some kinda cv, you can hook a few of them up to each other.

Some points seemed to to make the leds go banana's like strips of them would light up and scroll randomly.  But theres not much circuit in there, i found two points that distorted the sound and it sounded better.  Just not much variation and certainly not worth the money.  I actually semi killed it, the leds still work but the annoying sounds have gone.

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: bliptronic 5000
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »

http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1440.0.html I bent one awhile back. There's some information on there as well.

Not being rude or anything - but a suggestion: You can always try using the "search" function for threads answering a question you're about to post ;] It just keeps the boards less cluttered.

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: bliptronic 5000
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »

Hey BBN

sorry i hadn't noticed the search function, but i know now!  and yeah i'm always up for less clutter (though think i have the wrong hobby for that), i dont know if there is a way i can transfer it over to your thread, oh and by the way you missed one as well bottom of page 3  ;)  maybe you could use the search as well LOL  Looks like you had a bit more success than me though before i fucked it up, the random scrolling leds were fun and it looks great, but i just thought it lacked some oomph in the noise department.  Bit pricey as well, maybe if they had one that had some kinda percussion might have been better or even a mix of perc and synth, feels so limited with just the 7 noises.  
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 02:35:45 PM by electoyd »