Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: classic spam  (Read 6602 times)

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
classic spam
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »

'help me where i can find a circuit to make a bending machine that the product to be out is a fudge bar.'

I rec'd this classic quote from the yahoo circuit bending site, if it ain't spam I do worry about peoples mental health though maybe it ain't such a bad idea after all, it does seem to combine music and eating!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: classic spam
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:34:03 PM »

bizarre, you're not going to believe this but a few weeks back i got a very similar email with the same fundamental inability to understand the difference between bending and vending. Something about modifying a hot drinks dispenser  if i recall correctly.

I think it was from italy so i can only assume it was a language problem, or some kind of automatic translation weirdness. Either that or theres some very strange stuff going on over there.  ::)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:27:25 PM »

In Spanish "B" and "V" are pronounced similarly - think about the  Dutch Ibiza-techno group Vengaboys, pronounced "Benga"...
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

I do wonder what other purpose a soft drink machine could serve...............the mind boggles, maybe it could be combined with the machine to make the fudge bar, then you've got confectionery pretty much covered.  Yeah in germany they call a vending machine a wending machine, i had to always correct my german friend with V and W.  Language can be a funny thing and lead to all sorts of chaos in communication.