Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casio VL-1  (Read 20204 times)

lee

Casio VL-1
« on: October 01, 2006, 09:31:01 AM »

Hi! I'm Lee from Italy! I'm new in the great art of circuit bending  :)

I just bought the Casio VL-1...Is there anybody that know some nice mods that are possible with this fantastic machine?

Thanks!
LeE

lee

Re: Casio VL-1
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:58:35 PM »

Nobody????  :-[ :-[ :-\ :'( :'( :'( :'(

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:38:07 PM »

I've never actually bent a VL-1 but i've also never seen a bent one or heard of anyone successfully bending one. Given that it would be an obvious target for bending i'd say that this would indicate that it can't be done.

On the other hand if anyone wants to prove me wrong.............
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

lee

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 05:43:03 PM »

Maybe I found a simple pitch and a similar of cutoff, but I wanna know if there is a possibility of more mod....
Maybe you're right...

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:00:35 PM »

Funily enough it was a bent VL-1 that got me interested in Circuit-bending.  I saw it on eBay and it had a patch bay sticking vertically out the back of the keyboard like a modular synth.  I soon forgot about it but the word the 'circuit-bent' went round and round in my head for some reason so I started looking at it up on the net.  I already knew what it was but decided for some reason that I would like to get involved.  Before long I had bought my first crappy casio and was wondering into Maplin at weekends.  Coincidentaly it was about the same time I started having problems with my girlfriend.... 

The VL-1 though I have never heard it mentioned anywhere else.  Being that it costs a little more then other keyboards and no one ever raves on about it I wonder if the one I saw on eBay actually did anything at all?

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »

i have a vl5 wich is more or less the same. it is analogue i think. i was suprised by the amounnd of electronics
inside...not much space left for mods...i don't remember exactly, but with my wet fingers i didn't find
exciting things. later i found out that some people pay a lot for them, and i decided to leave it original and
change it for some more interesting machines. now it is still on the shelf, collecting dust....
my advice : get rid of it for a good price, and start with a sa-series keyboard, their more easy and much cheaper.
will give more satisfaction also.
but who knows what you will discover if you realy go for it...

slashviper

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 03:42:02 AM »

I bought a Casio as well because i really like the sound but with a cut off would be better! any news? did someone found any schematics for that? googling around seems impossible!

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 06:56:19 PM »

i started to bend a vl-1 but then i blew it up so be careful i shorted pins around the main chip and got 2 drum distortion and 2 tone distortion its also possible to conect a trigger pulse from a step sequencer (use some resistance) to the next step button durring song writting this alows the vl-1 to play in time with a analogue sequencer the bends were not very intesing realy not worth loosing it for me. have fun Matt  :o
8Bit Brain Analog Heart

S-CAT

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:07:03 PM »

I've never actually bent a VL-1 but i've also never seen a bent one or heard of anyone successfully bending one. Given that it would be an obvious target for bending i'd say that this would indicate that it can't be done.

On the other hand if anyone wants to prove me wrong.............

Have you seen the 9 MOD S-CAT unit? there are lots of videos on the Phonic-Potion site. They are justworking on the midi version which should be available later this year.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 01:42:27 PM »

For fecks sake, -31 karma and you're still getting on here and promoting yourself despite me repeatedly banning you. Just give it up for gods sake.

And whats this talking about yourself in the third person all about? 'They' are working on a midi version are 'they'? That'll be you then won't it? Or are your delusions of grandeur getting out of hand again?

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:44:46 PM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

djsynchro

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »

They... have a clip here which sure looks like a bent VL-1 tho.
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2008/05/s-cat-competition-casio-vl-1.html

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 12:50:06 AM »

S-CAT actually has a VL-1 borg implant.  It sort of sticks out the side of his head, causing lulz when he walks through the revolving doors at Ikea.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

S-CAT

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »

Can't argue with that!

Gleix

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 09:02:42 AM »

Can't argue with that!

... Did you really revive this thread from July 2008 to quote a post just because it linked to a video of yours? I can't see another reason for doing it... Now that you're allowed back on the board could you at least TRY and put fourth some effort into not making useless posts or *trying* to subtly self promote again?