Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: My first bend - Speak and Math  (Read 8330 times)

Griffin

My first bend - Speak and Math
« on: February 12, 2007, 01:38:00 PM »

I finished my first bending project this morning - the old Speak and Math. It aint too pretty. The keypad is peeling and bubbling, there's no batt cover, and I screwed up in the switch placement. But it'll bend, and that's a start....

Learned a lot of lessons in my first project, experiences that Im sure everyone has had in the past and probably the future.

andy_wheels

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: My first bend - Speak and Math
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:45:36 AM »

nice one!

drilling and fitting components into speak and spell/maths/reads is fiddly compared some other bendy projects you could have started with... so you've done well.

what's your next project going to be?

Griffin

Re: My first bend - Speak and Math
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 12:31:07 PM »

Next victims are...
my Yamaha pss-270 - I've heard this is a good one to bend. I've found a good tutorial for it. I've already cut some data lines, fitted it with a 1/4' stereo jack and reset switch, and removed the speakers for some room for switches and a patchbay.
AND
Speak and Read - now that I've dealt with this kind of unit, I know how to approach it better this time around.

I also have a Suzuki Portachord and an Omnichord waiting for me to lay hands on.

Thanks for the positive feedback - you really do need it in this hobby(call it whatever you want, I dont care) as it can be frustrating when you first start.