Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PT-10 BENDING.....FIRST TIME....ANY TIPS HELPFUL....AND I MEAN ANY.......  (Read 8222 times)

kotep

just about try bending my first thing.....its a casiotone pt-10 that my boy already started bending....he put in 4 body contacts and thats it....one seems to be the main pitch bend and 2 others react with the main pitch bend....the other one doesnt really do anything....is there a way to exchange these body contacts for something more stable like switches or maybe a knob?....the main thing i gotta do is put an audio output tho....first and foremost....i was told to do it between the speaker and the circuit board....seriously i know  abit about electronics but thats it...found a schematic for a pt-10 and some bend points online.....i am pretty retarded when it comes to shit like this....

can anyone give me any tips or how i should approach this? even tools and shit....i got no clue really.....

any help is greatly appreciated ....

great forum btw
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 10:07:10 AM by kotep »

Many_boomers

Minimalist tools: Pice of thin, insulated solid core wire (for finding bends), soldering iron (for stabbing >:(), ... more wire (for soldering to... stuff).

Actual decent set of tools at bent-tronics.

Other than that the only bendable casio I have is a digital horn, and that thing is out of my legue. Soooo... ...good luck.

Oh and if you have a commodore64 you should give it to me. For cheap  ;).

stolenfat

Heres what you do for the line out, go to radio shack and buy a phone jack.  It has a connection exactly like a guitar jack and is cased by a black box.  Should cost you no more than three bucks.  I tried to find a picture of it on the radio shack website, but couldnt :/

now open up your toy and find the two wires that run to the speakers.  Look closely at the speaker connection, if your lucky one is labeled positive and the other negative.  Take the positive wire and solder it to the connection on the guitar jack closest to the input and the negative wire to the rear connection.  Now test it out, if it doesnt work, try switching the connection.

That should do the trick, seems to work nearly every time for me, but once I kept getting feedback problems.  The out put came out fine, but the speaker itself kept causing this strange feed back and also kinda acted like a microphone, picking up vocals and stuff.  Who knows what was going on there ....

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat

I've bent one of these.  The body contact for the pitch bend can be replaced with a pot.  Use that point for the center post and poke around till you find a point that makes it go high and one that makes it go low (can't remember where they are, but they're pretty close to the pitch bend contact).  I used a 25 or 50k pot and got a really nice range.  There's some other stuff in there to be found as well that isn't on the picture that you're probably looking at, so explore around some.  This keyboard can take a lot of abuse and not break, so enjoy.