Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hing Hon tips?  (Read 5079 times)

Timodon

• Way to much time on his hands
Hing Hon tips?
« on: January 15, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »

Hey there

I have been away from this board for quite some time, been busy having a kid and now he has all the best toy keyboards!

Anyway I got a Hing Hon for christmas and will be getting back into bending this year! I've had a look around the boards and tablehooters etc. found a bit of useful info, I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a definitive guide for the Hing Hon similar to the SA guide that was posted here a while back? I've found a few cool things, feedback and pitch, one wobbly glitchy-crash thing in particular tickled me, but I'm wondering if I'm going to need to take the largest circuit board out of the casing completely? looks like that could be a pain because the keyboard sensors are all on that board.

I have the version that has all the boards facing the keyboard side except on small one with transistors on that faces the other way. Not sure if it's blob or chip coz I can't see with the boards facing that way.

Anyway, any bending tips for this little beat are appreciated

cheers

Tim

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: Hing Hon tips?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:18:58 PM »

http://imgur.com/a/wGEOm

Here's an image album with some old schematic sketches I did a couple years back. Having made 40ish Hing Hon's I've got a decent grasp on most styles of them :) I've run into about 5 or 6 variations and it sounds like you've got a good one. Hopefully one of those can help out.

Here are a few of my favorite models made. Here are a couple of mine that worked out well:

Circuit Bent Hing Hon EK-001 [Video model] full demonstration

Part 1: Circuit bent Hing Hon EK-001 B&G LED version, 11 mods + opto theremin [full overview]

Circuit bent Hing Hon EK-001 - New Video modulation options

Wish I had more time for bending recently. Haven't been on this forum in forever, decided to check and saw Hing Hon advice being asked. Let me know if this helps :]

Timodon

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: Hing Hon tips?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:24 AM »

Breakbeatnazi you are the BOMB this is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for! Whilst still I intend to experiment with this keyboard a bit it's great to see a diagram showing what you found just to make sure I didn't miss any of the "obvious" bends. I'll be studying this hard. I definitely have the "chipless transistor" version by the looks of it! Many thanks and when I get around to bending I'll be sure and post some video.