Circuitbenders Forum > Banter

EQ pedal recommendations

(1/2) > >>

SineHacker:
I need an EQ pedal to do one thing, cut at around 200 - 220hz for a bent keyboard that loves to churn out muddyness at that frequency. This keyboard is one of my main instruments that I practice and perform with, sometimes when I play live the in-house mixing desk will be able to do it, but my entire output for everything I use is a single mono signal so it effects everything. Still, for me it makes or breaks a gig if I can have that little dip.

So I only need 1-band, will probably be good if it is adjustable freq, and for it to be able to cut (which I'm sure most do). preferably with no hiss, cuz I deal with a mountain of that already!

Circuitbenders:
how about

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerful-PARAMETRIC-PEQ-EQ-pedal-Guitarists-Artec-/390404717080#ht_1772wt_754

assuming the sweep covers the frequencies you want.

if you want a very precise cut that you can sweep i'd definately go for a parametric EQ rather than a graphic one.

Gordonjcp:
If it's a narrow range of frequencies you want to take out, you could try a notch filter.  A simple passive twin-T circuit will have a pretty shallow notch, and if it's not particularly well-balanced the notch will be quite broad - more like a shallow bandstop filter than an proper notch.

It may be worth a go, for the sake of three resistors and three capacitors.  If you want to sharpen it up, make an active notch and choose the components carefully ;-)

SineHacker:
I think I have some good twin-T circuits in a Forrest Mimms book, so will check it out -

yeah I saw the Artec pedal, seems like there are lots of cheap eq pedals listed on ebay, I just wasn't sure what any would sound like in that price range! any ideas on Artec?

I just need it to be as clean as possible so it doesn't interfere with my noisey sludge!

SineHacker:
i just found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ARTEC-BCU-BAND-CONTROL-UNIT-ACTIVE-PARAMETRIC-EQ-/190584086643?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c5fb26073#ht_5181wt_1141

interesting! (though slightly off-topic)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version