Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SK1 help  (Read 9728 times)

Signal:Noise

• Closer to the meat
SK1 help
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:38:18 PM »

Right I've been bending an sk-1 the last few weeks and i've finally got to putting it back together. I thought i'd be sensible and put it back together before wiring everything up as i'd changed the power on led and it started acting strangely. some kind of feedback loop and the power led would be on even if the power adapter was disconnected. i took it apart as i relised i hadn't insulated a couple of pot and when it went back together it no longer makes any sound what so ever. does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

• Closer to the meat
Re: SK1 help
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:03:47 PM »

After reading the service manual I think I've narrowed the problem down to one of the transistors T3 which is a  2sb-824s PNP, I can't find the part available anywhere on the net, at least not easily. Would anyone be able to help in finding an wquivilent part, or better yet does anyone have a none working sk1 I could buy for spares?

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:32:30 AM »

My sk8 has done that same thing every now and again - especially when I have flat batteries, and then put an AC adapter on it. Try pulling out the batteries for a few days and no AC power, with the SK power switch ON and leaving it alone for a while - it may come good when all the capacitorss discharge completely. I'd be surprised if you did any damage - I've put mine through far worse and it's bounced back after a little siesta!

Cheers, Graham
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:34:43 AM by gmeredith »

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »

Hmm, I've been running it solely from teh ac adapter so I'll try it in a few days and see what happens.

Cheers for the help as well dude, muchos appreciated

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 02:41:19 PM »

Also, you could try to manually discharge all the caps, though there are about a zillion of them.

kick52

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 07:09:56 PM »

If all fails.. HIT IT

:)