Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: hello everyone [im a new guy]  (Read 19098 times)

angrydroid

Re: hello everyone [im a new guy]
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 05:18:49 PM »

Here's a good link to some info on how to turn a 1M pot into a 500K pot as was mentioned earlier. Hope it helps. ;)

I go to an independent electronics place that has 500K pots and most everything else I need... what they don't have I usually find Radio Shack can fill in the gaps. I've pretty much found that Radio Shack, these days, have a pretty spotty regard for stocking electronics components. The smaller stores usually have a "box" filled with a standard set of stuff mostly aimed at stereo repairs. The clerks are usually more trained in cell-phone & battery salesmanship and just look at me as if I am some sort of alien when I come up to the counter with a piles of pots and resistors and ICs. I don't even bother asking them where stuff is because I might as well be speaking Farsi to them. Often they'll say they "don't have" something rather than actually looking for it and then after some searching I'll find that they do, in fact, have said item. It's sort of sad. I remember going to Radio Shack as a kid and it was like a Disney Land of electronics. Oddly enough, Radio Shack is currently owned by a former leather-goods company.

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: hello everyone [im a new guy]
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »

You might be looking for 470k pots, not 500k pots.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.
Pages: 1 [2]