Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hing Hon EK-003!?!?  (Read 15474 times)

sk-1

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: Hing Hon EK-003!?!?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 06:01:33 AM »

i want about 50 more of these!!!

LOL... My two are still on their way, so i'm very jealous! ;D

So, just how stable and reliable are the bends you got out of your Hing Hon?  What I mean is... if you flick that switch or plug that patch cable in, will you get the same sound every time?  Or is there an element of randomness in this keyboard?

On another note... here's the 'look' that I want to achieve with my own Hing Hons:

I reckon they look awesome in this colour scheme so I'm going to look into what kinds of paints to use, spraying technique, etc.  I'm thinking of using this colour scheme in a few other of my keyboards as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 06:41:57 AM by SK-1 »
So many questions... so little time!

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 06:49:22 AM »

cool photo!!!

i need to think more of esthetics. i feel that i am still learning to bend. i love the inverted keys!

as for consistency, it seems the bends are the same each time. even if they werent, in my opinion, would be an endearing quality. it is not a "living organism", but would seem more like one!
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"

Gleix

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 07:07:35 AM »

i want about 50 more of these!!!

LOL... My two are still on their way, so i'm very jealous! ;D

So, just how stable and reliable are the bends you got out of your Hing Hon?  What I mean is... if you flick that switch or plug that patch cable in, will you get the same sound every time?  Or is there an element of randomness in this keyboard?

On another note... here's the 'look' that I want to achieve with my own Hing Hons:

I reckon they look awesome in this colour scheme so I'm going to look into what kinds of paints to use, spraying technique, etc.  I'm thinking of using this colour scheme in a few other of my keyboards as well.

Glad you like my work :P I'm Frostedminipete on youtube.

As far as painting goes... I just buy the standard paints you find in department stores, but never anything that 99cents. Something that's at least a few dollars. The cheap stuff tends to cause problems.

Just take the thing apart and give the key trees two nice coats. If you paint in cold/humid weather the paint will dry crackly and look terrible so be weary of that.

Always go over the paint with a layer or two of clear seal/finish spray. Otherwise it might be easy to scratch or stay a tiny bit sticky.

Splattering is always fun, too... Don't be afraid to get an old toothbrush and a little cup you don't need anymore and splattering away on the case! Always looks good.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:16:19 AM by Gleix »

sk-1

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 08:02:49 AM »

As far as painting goes... I just buy the standard paints you find in department stores, but never anything that 99cents. Something that's at least a few dollars. The cheap stuff tends to cause problems.

AWESOME!  Love your work dude! :)  And the bends you're getting out of these keyboards are incredible! Really inspiring stuff and something that I'm aiming for with my projects. You've certainly raised the bar on what's possible with a Hing Hon, that's for sure.

I get a little scared sometimes of trying out new types of paints, adhesives, cleaning agents, etc.  Especially those with solvents in them... for fear of melting the plastic keys or causing irreparable surface damage to the finish.  I've had a few bad experiences with some in the past.  Examples of what I'm talking about would be... using eucalyptus oil to clean professional synthesizer keys then doing the same on cheap, plastic toys and watching the plastic slowly dissolve and melt, whereas on more expensive keys they clean up beautifully.  With cleaning agents, you can at least jump in and reverse the damage, in most cases, and clean it off then polish it back to original condition.  But with paint, that's a different story all together!

BTW... I like the spatter look too.  Very nice! :o Now, just to decide which looks better... white on black or grey on black!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 08:17:21 AM by sk-1 »
So many questions... so little time!

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2010, 02:00:17 AM »

that is cool! love the purple paint splash...very 80s!!!

here is mine...so far...
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"
Pages: 1 [2]