Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casio SK-1 Humming  (Read 4208 times)

chewabledrapery

Casio SK-1 Humming
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:46:05 PM »

Hi all,

Love the site, love some of the great things you guys have done!

I'm new to this site and to the bending scene generally, well as an adult, i used to strip down anything electronic as a kid and mess with them before it was even called circuit bending, my parents called it "breaking" things ha ha haaa :D

Anyway i've acquired an SK-1 which i'm keen to start playing with but before i start it needs a good clean up and poke around.

Its got a pretty bad hum on it, the hum is there when powered by battery or mains adaptor so its not mains hum, it also 'pops' real loud when first turned on.

Any ideas/suggestions for what i should be checking? Something in the amp circuit? I've looked at the service manual but i'm no electronics expert so it didn't mean that much to me, i am going to check all the solder joints to see if there are any dry joints.

I'd like to reduce the hum as its my intention to sample it once i've bent it to use in my music productions.

Cheers,

deano  ;)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Casio SK-1 Humming
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »

is it humming through the internal speaker and through the line out?

Could be a grounding problem, a dead opamp in the amp section, a dodgy filtering cap, something shorting somewhere, any number of things really.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool