Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: smart media 5v card adapter question  (Read 6814 times)

broken in brain

• A few of my Tunes
smart media 5v card adapter question
« on: July 16, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »

Hey guys been a way for a while been mucking around with my dr sample again (dr 202) and knowing it takes 80 dollar 5v memory cards makes me want to puke. being the total cheap ass i am i found  that they make a 5v smartmedia to xd adapter card...that being said xd cars are just up to 2mb..but definitely cheaper and more available. anyways. has anyone even thought of this, let alone tried it? or is it just another one of my pipe dreams?  nothing like an abandoned format to make my head hurt. so what do you guys think? not even sure if the adapter would fit in the sampler...and then i found a xd to micro sd adapter so i could daisy chain all of these stupid adapters to use a whopping 4mb of sampling. seems like a ton of work for this, but i like the sampler..so.....what do you guys think?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: smart media 5v card adapter question
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 01:13:13 AM »

A friend of mine needed some of these cards for some piece of roland kit about a year ago and managed to get hold of them for virtually nothing by buying a couple of ancient digital cameras from ebay that had cards in them, and then throwing the cameras away. They were something like £5-£10 each as opposed to the £60 each that people are trying to charge just for the card.

I have no idea what the cameras were though............
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

broken in brain

• A few of my Tunes
Re: smart media 5v card adapter question
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 03:12:10 AM »

hey man thanks for the heads up. i knew this was the only place i could turn and actually get an answer that would not only make sense but wouldnt end in why would you want to use that piece of old crap? or just no answer at all. still curious about the adapters but either way..to  ebay i go! Oh, and
 i just found sparkfun inventors kit (sealed brand new) at a thrift store for 29.99 with half off today..a $ 100 audrino and parts for 15 bucks...its been my week. never used anything like it...but immediately knew what it was and know theres fun to have for sure. any suggestions there??

Colin