Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: V SYNTH XT and JV2080  (Read 17294 times)

Simon

V SYNTH XT and JV2080
« on: March 20, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »

Hi every one, I'm new here, I must say you dudes know what you're talking about, I my self didn't evan go to school for that matter or read any books about electronics and all I know about analog is this, It's either the computer chip or the CNs, I was prooven wrong with the cpu thing with the VA synths too many times so about two years ago I got my self a JV2080 Roland synth module, I was a bit confused about that digital thing but the tampering with the computer thing was right and I was happy than I got to exploring the expansion boards and that worked too and i was even happier than behold I've discoverd the CNs and I tell you dudes I couldn't cointain my self any more, I wantted bigger and better things to mandlle with. I was in the negative back then(i mean the money) so I've asked my mom if I can get the V SYNTH XT wich was prettey expensive back than and still is today so my mom bit her tounge and got me the module about a year ago around Christmass time. to make the story short I've succeffully moded The ROLAND JV2080 and V SYNTH XT and I tell youi dudes I feel like celebrating every day now which became a bit of a problem for me because I can't keep any friends because of my hobby, it's probablly because I don't make any sense when I talk but when that happens that means I'm happy like a fly on a you know what.
I know its not safe to give out my email address and if you wanna mod these two give me a holla at chmcrdd63@yahoo.ca Yo keep the SK1 thing alive it was my first. Thanks simon.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: V SYNTH XT and JV2080
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »

why not post details of how you modded them here instead of posting you email address on a public forum? You better have a good spam filter!  ;)

more importantly, why have you just posted this same post twice in the 'LFO on SK' thread?   ::)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Simon

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16:35 PM »

I was high when I logged in

Simon

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 04:17:22 AM »

for V synth XT you basically have to layer 16 patches and than temper with the CNs. the CNs are just right under your you know what.
Thanks
Simon

LoneStar81

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »

for V synth XT you basically have to layer 16 patches and than temper with the CNs. the CNs are just right under your you know what.

What are CNs? What is it under what they are, and no I don't know. And why do you have to layer 16 patches for a modification? I don't understand one thing of what you are trying to say, please explain further.

pneaveill

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 10:30:13 PM »

What are CNs? What is it under what they are, and no I don't know. And why do you have to layer 16 patches for a modification? I don't understand one thing of what you are trying to say, please explain further.

Am neither admin, nor expert in forum language and all that, but have been around places a wee bit.

Perhaps a nicer way of saying the above might be something like as follows:

Being, a newb, am not familiar with

(1)  what the various layers are
(2)  what the CN is and how that interacts with the various layers
(3)  under my what? nose or back-side or what

Hope this helps and does not offend

Simon

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 08:17:24 PM »

O.k don't give me bad karma. The CN stand for Control Network( I might be wrong, I dunno), these CNs are upright when you remove the protective panel from underneth v synth.

It's not necessarily how many patches you layer it is how much data you put in the sequencer and than how many patches to layer for something to happen. I'm sorry if I confused you, I'm still experimanting with it. It is an easy synth to modify, you don't need to turn switches off when you turn the thing off to turn the switches on after the machine loads up for your modifications to work. what I saying is just fuse the CNs with some solder, becarefull, every XT is little diffrent, have your you know what on the power switch incase you short some bad.

Thanks
Simon

Simon

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »

Hi,

this ones for PNEAVEIll, O.K,

Look dude. I'm just trying to help, there are people who know less than others. I was that way a long time ago

and I was very angry at that time and it was worth it.

I realize my writing is not so good. I wasn't born were I live now and I wasn't born a micro second ago,

you are smart and you have the 3rd power and you know more than me,

all I know is just the CN thing and how to find clean short outs.

Please don't give me bad karma.

Thanks
Simon

pneaveill

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 11:51:04 PM »

Hi,

this ones for PNEAVEIll, O.K,

Look dude. I'm just trying to help, there are people who know less than others. I was that way a long time ago

and I was very angry at that time and it was worth it.

I realize my writing is not so good. I wasn't born were I live now and I wasn't born a micro second ago,

you are smart and you have the 3rd power and you know more than me,

all I know is just the CN thing and how to find clean short outs.

Please don't give me bad karma.

Thanks
Simon

Not sure what all this is over at all. Sorry if I offended you in any manner.  I thought I was trying to help this other person communicate some questions that he/she had. That was all, nothing more.  Not sure what the 3rd power is or where I got it or even how to use it, but thanks. Will make a note of it.

Am here to learn as much as anyone else.

pneaveill

Simon

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »

Alright, I believe there are 3 powers about tempering with technology.

The first power is to just have a synth and learning it.
The second power is to modify it and there are some that do really wicked modifications and I think that is you.
The third power is to hack ROM chips and I read on the internet that you need a header number to get access, and that's probably all I know about the third power it is so above and beyond me.

That's all

Simon

pneaveill

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »

Alright, I believe there are 3 powers about tempering with technology.

The first power is to just have a synth and learning it.
The second power is to modify it and there are some that do really wicked modifications and I think that is you.
The third power is to hack ROM chips and I read on the internet that you need a header number to get access, and that's probably all I know about the third power it is so above and beyond me.

That's all

Simon

Appreciate the kind words.  Have really not done any hacking of this sort in probably 20 years or so.  Even then, it was precious little.  So other than a little reading over the years and constant dreaming of doing this sort of thing, I am really very much a newb at this.  That notwithstanding, i am here to learn how to do this lost art of twisting science.  As for programming the ROMs/EPROM/EEPROM, and stuff mentioned above, I have had my hands on a burner once and it was only very briefly at that.  Something about programming in hexidecimal that scares/interests/intrigues me a wee bit ::maniacal laugh::

Simon

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 07:58:11 PM »

Yup, I've tried to program once too and I didn't get too far.

I had this synth on my computer, it was called Organator 2.0, you could still find it on the net, just type MAZ SOFTSYNTHs & SAMPLERS PAGE. I could truthfully create my own FM algorithms where I used 4 oscs and a drum loop and it was giving me cool base lines. I used to call it the Vaporization technique, than I downloaded this program to program other programs. I forgot the name for it because it was a while back and I'm sure there's a lot of these type of tools on internet, all I did is I loaded the soft synth into it and changed some numbers in bus area, loaded my computer again only to find that some error had occurred and where it occurred and that the synth wouldn't load, I got very discouredged and I've left it alone, it was just too much for me.

Now that I look back maybe I've could have changed something in the terminal/CN type of area just out of curiosity
to see what type of errors I get. Thanks Simon

Simon

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 02:37:54 PM »

O.K this is fucking stupid

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 04:20:54 PM »

O.K this is fucking stupid

aaarghh! what is? what the hell are you talking about?

What is it about the concept of forums that you seem to be having so much difficulty with?

Nobody has to reply to your posts and nobody is going to reply to your posts if you continue posting things that make no sense. I can guarantee that nobody on this forum has any idea what you are going on about.

i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Simon

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 04:09:03 PM »

I think its my posts.

The most difficulty I having is the concept of discussion and how
I'm trying to put my ideas across my hope is that I've not insulted
you or any one else with my bad writing,

I will try to be on topic more these days

Thanks
Simon
Pages: [1] 2