Circuitbenders Forum > News, comments and requests

Its been a bit quiet around here recently

<< < (2/13) > >>

Spann:
Something like competitions might be quite cool - Give people say, a weekend to bend something with particular themes/rules etc.

As someone who was away from the scene and has only recently come back, I can honestly say the scene seems to have shrunk over the last couple of years.

electoyd:
With competitions you need people there in the 1st place or they just end up a total waste of time with three (or no) entry's, i've seen this happen on other forums, not just c/bending ones.  The scene has changed alot and people who used to post here and other places are maybe just alot better at c/bending and dont need so much advice and dont have so much time to chat about social subjects so they don't post, maybe more new members are needed, a recruitment drive.  If you were to do a competition maybe you could email all the members and let them know, or even just give all the members a reminder email that the forum is still here for them sometimes people just need reminded.

Circuitbenders:
Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread.

I guess the place to start might be trying to sort out some kind of better organistaion on this board. There was some talk a while back about collecting all the schematics posted on here and elsewhere into a schematic archive section which would probably be very useful but did seem like a bit of a massive job at the time. Its still an option though.

I'm currently rebuilding the main site but when thats done i might look into putting up some new dedicated sub-sections in the main sections and collecting all the threads about particular machines together i.e. having a TR505, TR707, DDD1 etc section on the drum machines board. I was considering this before but it seemed like things might get a little unwieldy, but i agree that some way has to be found to make it easier to find information.

To be honest i suspect it might be a good thing that the 'scene' itself has shrunk a bit as being flavour of the month is never a good thing for any movement in the long run.  :-\

nochtanseenspecht:

--- Quote from: KingMidas on March 23, 2010, 01:17:12 PM ---
While I love the site, the visual aesthetic is very hard on the eyes. Having a black background with orange text and green circuit board borders makes finding information and reading multiple lines of text very difficult. As I write this, the previous responses posted prior to mine (the topic summary) are displayed with a 10 point font size.

I think that this site has amazing content, and very knowledgeable members, but topics should also be organized in a simple fashion.

I hope that you don't mind if I show an example... but I was always taught to learn from those around me (hence the reason I am here) and web design is no different.

--- End quote ---

well to be honest, i like the lay out of this site, the black background is calm to my eyes and i find it easy to navigate. the truck site you mentioned i find not so pleasant to look at, so i guess it is just a matter of taste , and what you're used to..
on topic; i think maybe circuitbending isn't a thing you keep doing for years, after a while there's not much new to discover, get tired of the noise etc.. at least in my case its like that. right now more interested in analogue modding  :)

Circuitbenders:

--- Quote from: nochtanseenspecht on March 30, 2010, 08:19:29 PM ---on topic; i think maybe circuitbending isn't a thing you keep doing for years, after a while there's not much new to discover, get tired of the noise etc.. at least in my case its like that. right now more interested in analogue modding  :)

--- End quote ---

I don't think i'll ever get tired of noise but i agree, for a lot of people circuitbending is a stepping stone to building their own synths or getting into modular systems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version