Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casio MT-68/MT-65  (Read 9715 times)

neongem

Casio MT-68/MT-65
« on: March 12, 2016, 01:17:27 PM »

Hi, I'm bending a casiotone MT-68. I got it for cheap, i am bending it so it plays better with my Korg Volcas and my Kaoss pad.
I got as far as finding mute(kill) spots for most rythm section instruments (actually all but the bass drum), and i think i can implement some of the "easter eggs" from the page http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Casio_CT-410V.html, for example the "remember the last 4 pressed notes" switch (key hold pedal)

BUT i really have trouble getting other nice bends i want, especially distortion and some sort of pitch or pulsewidth modulation.
i scaned the net, and am a little disapointed: many people seem to have hacked this great synth, but with the exeption of weltenschule, most people seem to keep everything they found out to themselfs. Nice if U want to go on a long and daring adventure, but I'm more in search of the outcome - a better useable and more fun casio synth. - i wonder: Could and would someone give some basic info like the shematic of the thing? Or share the bends you implemented?
To make this easier for those that want to do this after i've done it, im going to post a step by step tutorial on my own webpage, when (and if) im done bending this synth. Ill add the link when theres something worth looking at.
Thx for your time, and pls consider helping me, have a nice day, neon

*** update 13.3*.2016:
something i found after long searches and is of great use (at least to me):
the service Manual to the MT-65 etc series:
http://elektrotanya.com/casio_mt-65,mt-68,mt-100,ct-405.pdf/download.html
have a nice day, neon

*** update 24.3*.2016:
started a webpage on the MT-68 bend:
http://opal42.jimdo.com

*** update 16.4.2016
added some more stuff to the page:
http://opal42.jimdo.com

* accidentaly i had a "5" here, WHAT was i thinking, that its May in March IDK...?!  :o
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:04:39 PM by neongem »

neongem

Re: Casio MT-68/MT-65
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 07:03:21 PM »

Hi, I just finished the Casio MT-68/65 step-by-step tutorial i promised, and moved my stuff from the freehoster Jimdo.com (thx for the service) to my own webpage:
xmfg.de
I'd be glad about any feedback, have a nice day, neongem
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:18:33 PM by neongem »

mickedee87

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 10:01:46 AM »

Hi neon gem. I have tried a few mods with the information  above with some success! I am still trying to get a snare mute as the diagram  illustrated as (ii) removed the click sound in the beguine rhythm which is still useful.  So i am still searching for more mods and i will share my progress. thanks again for the info.

neongem

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 02:54:12 PM »

Hi Michael!
The click sound is, afaik, what casio calls "claves", maybe i have a mixup in my steps? ill check that asap.

sqw

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 10:18:14 AM »

hi Neon Gem,
yes I tried a few of your mods. the section on snare mute, seems like the same as the same point as HiHat Closed. Could you check please?

I also message you yesterday regarding my low volume on the accomp and the rhythm section. I kindof solved it with the volume mod on keys... but maybe something is wrong with my board... well it works.. but... I hope to solve that problem. Now I know where the signals are mixed, maybe I can try to change the op amps, 4558. What you think?

thanks for the wonderful info on the mods. really great to mute parts of the rhythm!!!

cheers!