Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: how can i disable the stupid alert noise on a pss-130  (Read 5288 times)

3rdness

• Mobius Band Blog
how can i disable the stupid alert noise on a pss-130
« on: November 20, 2009, 03:27:12 PM »

hey all,

we're using a yamaha pss-130 in my new band, but there is a stupid two tone alert sound that rings when it is left on, but no key is struck for a period of time.  Very annoying.  It keeps popping up in the middle of songs when least welcome.

anything i can do to shut this off?

thanks

--noam

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: how can i disable the stupid alert noise on a pss-130
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 04:08:22 PM »

maybe you should just add a latching switch to quickly flip the speaker / line output on and off, there should be a way to do it so it doesn't pop when you flick it, I don't know a way though...
yum, plastic sinewaves

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
Re: how can i disable the stupid alert noise on a pss-130
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 12:12:35 AM »

Does the noise not come on if you don't press any keys, but say, press a button?

If this is the case and there is no simple way of switching it off, you could make a simple timing circuit with a reed switch connected to a button least used on the PSS - for example, the "stop" button on the rhythm unit (if you don't use the rhythms during the performances), or some other button that won't affect the keyboard).
So every 5 mins or so the circuit closes the switch briefly and resets the PSS's countdown to the alarm noise.

An example of the circuit is attached below.

Cheers, graham
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:17:54 AM by gmeredith »