Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: casio SA40 "magic dial"  (Read 4768 times)

3ra1n1ac

casio SA40 "magic dial"
« on: April 15, 2015, 04:59:36 AM »

Im new here, and to bending in general, this is my first machine. i since have bent a kawasaki keyboard and a few toys, this is my baby though.

been using the SA bend graphic in the SA thread on here

i have installed:

a feedback switch with a pot
a "3rds" button
a "5ths" button
and the ability to cycle through about 50 playable sounds! (originally it only has 8 playable)

the 3rds and 5ths are kinda weird, the 5ths are only the first and last 9 notes, the 3rds are the second half of the keyboard. unless the 5ths are engaged, then the 3rds are on the same keys as the 5ths. kinda cool, can get into some interesting things.

havent gotten around to the voltage starve, need to pick up a low value pot, but i heard that it works great. Just throw it on on the battery lead?

anybody else find anything else interesting? i tried the typical "SA" glitch, but it just repeated the same sound over and over, like a synth hit type sound.

There is a resistor (ill get a few pics up), when touched, gives off amazing glitches, almost sounds like a ghost or something, but it is kinda finicky, it eventually locks up the machine. And im not sure how i would implement it, just touching it with a screwdriver sets it off, any ideas?

And I love the site! You guys are evil geniuses!