Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Your Other Hobbies  (Read 7552 times)

Illuminasty

Your Other Hobbies
« on: June 19, 2009, 12:49:31 AM »

I'm interested to know what other things you guys do, on and off the computer/music.

I use Photoshop a lot for graphics like fliers, banners, wallpapers, icons etc.

I've got Illustrator but I'm yet to figure it out. Once I got the hang of it I wanna make vector graphics and 8-bit graphics (for use in Mugen, a 2D fighting game creator)

I have Z-Brush, a tool used to sculpt 3D objects like creatures that you can then import into video apps etc. Again, I'm yet to master it.

I have this cool app for seeing and editing the contents of exe and dll files. This is cool for extracting the GUI's of other apps to modify. As an example, I edited my Virtual DJ app to get rid of an annoying bitmap that overlapped some of the workspace (the artist name and track name for deck A).

I use various video editing tools such as Sony Vegas. I'll spend more time to do some cool stuff with this.

Ok, other things I like to do... lol apart from DJing once a fortnight I cant think of anything interesting!

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Your Other Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 02:31:44 AM »

Other hobbies?

What, like doing stuff that doesn't involve filling my house full of electronics crap?

Why did nobody tell me that such things existed?
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Illuminasty

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 03:17:37 AM »

Other hobbies?

What, like doing stuff that doesn't involve filling my house full of electronics crap?

Why did nobody tell me that such things existed?

lol

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »

Other hobbies, not involving filling the house with electronics?  Let's see, Amateur radio (my callsign is 2M0YEQ) - mm, no, quite a bit of electronics in that.  Then there's classic computing, but the less said about the electronics crap there the better.  Working on cars - that just involves filling the shed with oily crap and tromping leaked hydraulic fluid into the carpet.  How come it's pale green and sweet-fruity smelling when it's fresh but within ten seconds of making a bid for freedom it's sticky black grot?
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

mr ibrahiem

• Way to much time on his hands
  • Im Ibrahiem I like to eat apples
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »

I am a good at painting  I do that alot in my spare time like watercolour landscapes aswell as make things out of wood like carpentery as well as model building and other hobbies but i wouldnt be able to fit these all on here