Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How to sync sequences on SK-1?  (Read 9259 times)

lazlokovacs

How to sync sequences on SK-1?
« on: March 12, 2008, 11:16:26 PM »

Can you bend the SK-1 so you can sync it's sequences with other machines? I'm getting the highly liquids SKM Midi retrofit, but from what I understand you can only trigger notes over midi with that retrofit. Is there some way to trigger and sync it's sequences?

djsynchro

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: How to sync sequences on SK-1?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 02:16:03 AM »

google "electrifire" sk1

lazlokovacs

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »

Thanks but I googled that and variations of it but found nothing...

I have looked around a bit but haven't found much except a post on the http://www.casiosk1.com site:

"No midi is required on a sk1 to sync it to your work. Just use the internal sequencer and then hook up a jack to one of the little sequencer advance buttons under the micro phone. This then advances the sequence by on note each time a trigger signal (or any individual out from a drummachine or metronome or cvgate)"

If I understand correctly that bend wouldn't trigger the sequences to play, but trigger on step at a time with for example cv/gate, but I guess you could just send a signal on every step and the sequence would run just as if it was triggered to play in sync..?

But most important, would that bend work?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:12:52 PM by lazlokovacs »

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 05:03:27 PM »

indeed it does work. On the back of the board behind the one key play buttons there are a couple of diodes and some jumper wires. You need to attach a jack socket to one side of one of the diodes and one of the jumpers.

Off the top of my head i can't remember which way round it goes so you'll have to experiment. You might also have to put a resistor in line with the positive trigger signal if the trigger doesn't act very reliably. Every time you send a trigger it'll act as if you pressed the one key play button, then you have to send another trigger to reset the sequence, so if you had a 4 note sequence in a bar you'd have to send the 4 notes triggers and then a reset trigger to make it loop properly.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool