Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: WAS: has anyone bent a FM synth? (split due to being completely off topic)  (Read 7697 times)

Simon

Gordonjcp. I have a second JV that has a broken fiber optic ribbon. when I turn the module on the sound clips.
Now that got me thinking, should i solder wire to broken part or not, or have I already achived datacut.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:40:04 PM by Circuitbenders »

Simon

WAS: has anyone bent a FM synth?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 06:35:47 AM »

The ribbon that connects to the other circuit board.

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »

It won't be fibre optic, it will most likely be just wires in a sort of plastic sandwich.  They usually break at the ends where they get flexed when you are working on the boards.  You could solder jumpers across the broken pins, or even just remove the ribbon and do the whole lot.  I tend to replace them with a longer set of more flexible wires in gear I'm likely to have in bits a lot.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Simon

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 07:08:25 PM »

Hmmm, jumpers, cns.

:-X

Simon

Gordonjcp.

The closest thing I found in my dads garage is that blinking light that people put on their bike to indicate that they are driving. I'm pretty darn sure it will work. I started with radios you know.

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk

Gordonjcp.

The closest thing I found in my dads garage is that blinking light that people put on their bike to indicate that they are driving. I'm pretty darn sure it will work. I started with radios you know.
Okay, how does this relate to knackered JV-series synths?
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Simon

Yo lone star spend lots and lots of time making up insults when you are drinking beer with your buddies while realizing you like circuit Benting and than looking at a picture of a discrete circuitry board of a virtual analog synth module and making a note to self that you won't get very far just give up its easier

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk

Right, you're talking complete and utter rubbish now.

I don't think i've understood a single post you've made on here since you've signed up.

What makes you think that people have the time and patience to humour you?

Sorry but i'm going to have to give you a month ban, if you can come back on here after that time and make any kind of sense to anyone then you are welcome, otherwise don't bother.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

LoneStar81

• Way to much time on his hands

Yo lone star spend lots and lots of time making up insults when you are drinking beer with your buddies while realizing you like circuit Benting and than looking at a picture of a discrete circuitry board of a virtual analog synth module and making a note to self that you won't get very far just give up its easier

Dude, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
"discrete" and "virtual analog" in the same sentence... that alone shows how much there is to learn for you.
Just take your time.