Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Which mods are theese?  (Read 5076 times)

F_T

Which mods are theese?
« on: September 01, 2011, 02:19:37 PM »

Hi everybody I'm new here! Sorry if I posted in the wrong place!
I did some keybords in the last months and now my next project will be the sa 2, surfing youtube I found this video from S-cat (I know that everybody here hate s-cat and I don't want to make a discussion on him and on what he do or did!!!).

CASIO SA-2 by S-CAT

The mods are really nice and I'd like to have something similar..I also took a look at the casper schematics for the sa series but most of the mods are not what I want (maybe just because I mistake something!)

So here is the question:
Do you think that theese mods are just pots connected in the right place or ther is something like other ciruits before the pots??I already tried to find cool spots on my sa 2 but I did't find any drones such as the s-cat ones!

thanks in advance
peace

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Which mods are theese?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »

hmmm, at the risk of sounding like i'm doing some anti scat bitching, those mods kind of sound like an early attempt by someone who didn't know what to avoid and has connected the wrong thing to ground. I wouldn't deny that i did the same thing more than once myself when i first got started. I could be wrong though.

If thats the case then i'd be very surprised if that keyboard lasted a very long time.

I doubt theres any extra circuitry in there as it'd be a lot of effort to go to for something so small. You might as well use some kind of external distortion rather than build a distortion circuit into it.

Theres a few threads about casio SA moddingf if you do a search.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

F_T

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »

Thanks for the fast answer!
Yes maybe you're right! Anyway, I'd like to build a long lasting instrument and I don't want to waste my sa 2...the only bends I did until now were just about conecting different pots on spots I found(more or less randomly), but I understand that  whit theese kind of mods you're not sure they will work forever(sometimes one hour is enough!)
Are there any "safe" mods?And also: is the way to build a good instrument  about adding extracircuit?Do you think the sa 2 is a good machine to bend?

tell me if I'm stressing..
peace

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »

yeah listen to Paul those mods are sure fire frying tonight material.  there are much better mods about than those even on this site.  You probably want to do more like random stuff, these are good for kinda chopping up the presets and spitting them out randomly you just gotta no the right points but they are well documented.  The scat mods are only really good for writing crap preset techno or something along those lines.

gmeredith

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:04:07 AM »

at the risk of sounding like i'm doing some anti scat bitching

Go on. You know you want to  :D

Cheers, Graham

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 12:17:30 AM »

well, i won't say its not tempting..................  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool