Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: SK1 and SK5, both circuitbenders editions  (Read 8790 times)

Sk5man

SK1 and SK5, both circuitbenders editions
« on: November 18, 2008, 09:54:46 PM »

Hi all, I've just registered here, but I've visited this site many times before. I like the discussions going on here, and see some of your own creations come by. But i thought it was time to register myself at this time.
Last year I bought a SK5 and had it modified by circuitbenders. When i received it back i couldn't believe what a great little machine they had built. I went on and on to learn how to get a use for it. Until some time this year I really got a good idea and built a controller for the patchbay, which seemed perfectly for using it as a very stable and extreme machine. The next step was a KP mini to provide some extra effects to the chaos.

Then I bought a SK1, first with the idea of bending it myself, but afterwards I've decided to send them to the circuitbenders again... And when that one came back I was surprised again. This crazy machine turned out to be even better then the SK5 and night after night I went on to figure out the best way to implement both machines into the studio. With a new controller for both the patchbays, and a micro modular for some extreme effects like filters and such this studio came more alive then ever. Before I used to deal with synths and drumcomputers to make extreme music, but with the SK1 and SK5 it is just so easy to create extreme music very fast.
If you want to listen how it sounds exactly please check myspace. www.myspace.com/amberlenssign

Also check youtube for some extreme video's, all under the tag "SK5man" And i hope to hear and see some of your work as well.

Sk5man

Re: SK1 and SK5, both circuitbenders editions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:33:54 PM »

And a view on both machines.

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 04:11:35 AM »

Welcome to the forum! You've got some really awesome music happening over there.  I stumbled upon your SK5 videos a couple months ago ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju2xtXMJctE , I'm frostedminipete that commented). I'd still be interested in an mp3 of the track in that video too if you ever get the chance... ;)

Hope to see you around the forums! And that's a nice little controller you built (I'm a sucker for anything so pretty and symmetrical). Reminds me of some of the stuff on here: http://www.karlklomp.nl/pro/vbend.html#RPS-sv79

« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:33:04 AM by Gleix »

Sk5man

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 11:31:31 PM »

Hi, I remember your request. I didnīt have any possibility to record songs for a while, but now itīs possible again. Please check `BTL 2` on my myspace. Itīs a short version of the song and you should be able to download it.

Love your work on myspace as well btw.