Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: where can i find sk-1 parts?  (Read 9194 times)

Chicken Poc

where can i find sk-1 parts?
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »

im looking for a black key set, and a battery cover for the sk-1. I have spare white keys for anyone who needs them, as well as all the buttons and sliders.. so if anyone wants to trade some parts, let me know. if no trade, i'll buy the parts i need from you, or, a source? is there a source?

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: where can i find sk-1 parts?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 08:40:53 PM »

I too need a replacement black key set and battery compartment.  Black ones are wobbly and one's missing... I think your only chance is to check ebay for broken SK-1's from time to time, but even the broken ones seem to go for more than $30.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »

or you can find another Casio that uses the same keyboard trees and battery cover that costs a lot less than an SK. They can't have only used those parts on the SK-1.

Yamaha certainly use the same keyboard trees on the VSS30 as on a few other of their smaller PSS's.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 12:43:01 AM »

Unfortunately, the Casio keyboard trees tend to be similar through a whole series, so you'd need another SK keyboard. 

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 10:21:06 PM »

Wierdly a while back i actually sold an SK1 to Casio UK for some interactive kids exhibit they were putting on somewhere. I asked the guy from casio i was talking too about SK spares and he said that as far as he knew there were a few keyboards that use the same size trees. Apparently some had more octaves but might fit on an SK if you cut them down to the right length.

I don't actually know which keyboards might be usable but it'd be handy if it was something cheap and easily available.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool