Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: parcelforce must die grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  (Read 8272 times)

selfpreservation

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation

i bought a nihon hammond dpm 48 and parcelforce dropped or threw it they smashed one of the buttons and i had to build a new one out of a tactile switch , a big voltage regulator got ripped off the pcb the sync out got ripped off the pcb and a capacitor got split , it was wrapped up well and fragile stickers all over it , what do you have to do to get safe transit these days are they fu**ing stoopid or what ffs >:(

anyway its all fixed now and working perfect
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:29:45 PM by selfpreservation »

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.

this is a case where insurance does not matter, because it is vintage goods which cannot simply be replaced. sigh...

same thing here...the usps are often douche bags.
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!

It could be worse, my friend was doing a live set in prague a few years back.  After flying in he went to pick up the large suitcase with all his music equipment, he was diverted to another office where they broke the bad news to him, the luggage truck had run over his suitcase and he said it looked like a big comedy pancake, thousands of pounds worth of equipment literally flattened and he didn't actually have anything left to do his live set with.  At least you could repair it i suppose, maybe if your buying something like that in future ask them to tape a board over the front of the controls to protect them maybe with some foam underneath or summat.

the thing about bubble wrap it doesn't really protect that well, items can still suffer trauma even when totally wrapped.  Vintage gear just doesn't travel well, though it does look a neat drum machine you got there good you got it working.  Whats the rectangular box with the blue and white sticker on the front?  oh and what does it sound like any good??

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk

I once sent an RZ1 to germany using DHL and it arrived absolutely smashed to pieces, but mysteriously the packaging had absolutely no external damage whatsoever and all the internal layers of polystyrene were in pristine condition. It also had a load of tape sealing it closed that wasn't applied by me.
Plainly it had been opened, the RZ1 had been literally run over by a truck, and then the package had been sealed shut again. It can't have been customs as there aren't any between the UK and Germany.

I pointed out that while i was perfectly willing to insure against accidental damage, i wasn't counting on having to insure against the package being opened, the RZ1 being kicked around the warehouse, then resealed. DHL just insisted i should have packaged it better. Presumably they expect people to package things so well that their employees can't possibly get into them!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:29:33 PM by Circuitbenders »
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

jamiewoody

and dhl's clai to fame is that you don't have to worry much about how you package things....thanks for telling me this, i'll never use them!

once i ordered something which was to be a christmas gift. usps delivered it to my house, in the rain, sat it outside, under my deck, where rain drizzled off my deck on to the package in a steady stream and ruined it.  it almost felt deliberate. i called the corporate office, and they laid this "did you purchase insurance?" b.s. on me...how professional! "but insurance so we can treat your package any way we like!". but, the local office bought it from me for what i paid for it....it was just a shame that i wanted the convenience of someting being delivered right to my door...
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk

One of the most soul destroying experiences i've ever had was when someone shipped a rare blue SH101 to me to be modified, but their packaging consisted of wrapping it in a couple of layers of bubblewrap and taping a thin piece of cardboard to the top and bottom.

Unsurprisingly it arrived smashed to pieces.  :(

People shouldn't be allowed to have cool kit if they are that stupid.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk

We sent a very expensive piece of test equipment (IFR 2945 RF test set) off for calibration at our sister company down south.  They sent it back in a cardboard box just a little larger than the unit.  Unsurprisingly the handles were broken, and the display was faulty.  So it all had to go back for new handles and a new LCD panel.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!

DHL said my address didn't exist!!  even though i have had numerous deliverys from them before and my house was built in the 1930's!!  Also i just had a missed parcel from the ever unhelpful APC, brutal i know it's gonna be a saga getting this one................

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!

well APC didn't disappoint! (well they did actually) delivered my parcel to someone else this was despite trying to deliver to me the day before.  How the hell do these people make a living.