Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: LOW FREQUENCY....  (Read 4560 times)

jamiewoody

• This person is dangerously insane.
LOW FREQUENCY....
« on: April 07, 2010, 03:15:07 PM »

i had this one on breadboard for about 2 weeks, experimenting and prototyping.

a goal of mine has been to achieve lower frequencies...

as you can see, this is a double circuit, chained together with jumpers, and 555 based on both.

notice TWO electrolytics! one 100uf and one 10uf. the components are almost identical in both circuits, barring one ceramic capacitor is different.

in the final, a 500k pot will control the over all musical scale, while a 100k pot will act as a sort of "choke", which makes things really glitchy as well as adding more cutoff to the notes!

i cannot wait to get this built into a box. i am thinking of adding this to my "blue box" synth, as there is more space in the box. i will prolly just connect this to the other battery, and have a switch to bypass this synth.
"gravity...it's what's for dinner!"

jamiewoody

Re: LOW FREQUENCY....
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »

oh...i need to get this thing put together! too many distractions lately!

it is going to create a lot of cool sounds...rich, pulsating...i think i like this BETTER than an atari punk!

if i actually knew what i was doing, i could tell you what i just built! lol! (i did make a drawing though..).

jamiewoody

Re: LOW FREQUENCY....
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:32:21 PM »

i built this one into my BLUEBOX...it contains the new circuit (board in this thread) and an atari punk  console, with body contacts.

both circuits are switchable and have status LEDs.

both are tied into one 1/4" phone jack output.

funny, even though the phone jack out is the only common factor, the controls still work for both circuits. one of the mysteries of the universe i suppose.

anyhow...this thing produces  atari sounds as well as every other squelchy, bleeping, pulsating tone you can imagine! i like it! ;-)

i think i like doing this thing BETTER than circuit bending!