Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Casio MT-140  (Read 13906 times)

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Casio MT-140
« on: December 21, 2006, 09:45:14 AM »

another completely distorted mp3.  This keyboards now deceased, or at least in limbo: http://www.garageband.com/mp3player?|pe1|S8LTM0LdsaSlaFW1Y20

Phallus Day

Re: Casio MT-140
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:22:34 PM »

I accidentally trashed his little brother, the MT-120!

I also managed to kick a Casiotone 6000 into serious bend territory (like it was churning out random sounds) without opening her up, I just demanded too many things from her at once!

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 02:06:07 AM »

I just finished a really satisfying job on one of these.  I hooked up a 16 point patch bay to the largest chip this afternoon and am currently learning my way around the instrument.  I'll post some samples soon.

iqoruvuc

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 12:16:09 PM »

This was the first machine I bent but I haven't used it for a couple of years since it no longer works.  I only wired up push to make switches for the bends and pressed them and held them randomly whilst playing the demo or accompaniment - this produced the best results.  There is a classic sound that these things produce, as does the MT-240 which to me sounds a bit like someone saying "ACID", but sometimes you can get 3 or four minutes of mutating madness - not like anything I have ever heard!  Its a favourite of mine!

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 03:22:07 AM »

So I cracked this guy back open recently and made some happy advances.  The major thing was installing a pot into the patch bay.  For anyone who hasn't done this before, it is a simple and excellent way to vary your bends.  If your patch bay goes as such * * * * * * * *
                                                                                                                                                                  * * * * * * * *

put a pot between the two rows like this: * * * * * * * *
                                                                               * -----center lug
                                                                               *--------either outside lug
So then, rather than connecting directly from one point to another, you can patch through the pot.

Anyway, with the MT-140 I found that I got best results by using a 2k pot (cause that was the smallest I had on hand)  with 30 ohms in parallel.   

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:18:34 PM »

About a zillion years later, here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlbRBo3VMu8

hoffy

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 05:23:46 AM »

Wow, that's one of the best bends I've seen. Awesome.

computer at sea

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:10:40 PM »

Thanks!

hoffy

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 07:09:51 AM »

Don't suppose if you can tell me if there's any similar bends lurking in the MT-210? I have one, and i like it as a stock unit, but none of the youtube clip's i've seen of it show any interesting bends; just distortion. So i'd rather keep it as is if that's all that's in there...

... on the other hand, your MT-140 is a monster!

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 02:43:14 PM »

Don't suppose if you can tell me if there's any similar bends lurking in the MT-210? I have one, and i like it as a stock unit, but none of the youtube clip's i've seen of it show any interesting bends; just distortion. So i'd rather keep it as is if that's all that's in there...

... on the other hand, your MT-140 is a monster!

i had a 210 and found very little bends well nothing like the mt-140 but the mt-240 is a l40 with midi sync that glitch well worth getting a mt-240
8Bit Brain Analog Heart