Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: casio sa- questions and clarification.  (Read 5692 times)

dimefan90

casio sa- questions and clarification.
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:17:03 AM »

just a couple of questions, i understand that these may have been asked before.

i am trying to bend a sa-9, i want to do the feedback mod, voltage drop crash, and add a line out

i was following the casper electronics diagram and using the dc in solder points but i have seen other methods for the voltage drop such as cutting the bridge near the battery terminal.

out of those 2 which is the most effective?

also, how do i wire a 1k resistor and 1k potentiometer in parallel to get 500ohm resistance? pictures would be very helpful.

for the feedback mod, do i really need the 1k trim or can i just use the 1k pot by itself?

for the line out, i tried to follow the diagram on the tips page but it was way too quiet, what value should i use?

thanks.

phantompowers

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
    • http://www.myspace.com/rockinrobzilla
Re: casio sa- questions and clarification.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 12:31:31 PM »

You will get better results with the 1k trim as the feedback mod needs to be fine tuned.
I wired my speaker wires direct to a jack socket, (after removing the speaker) and it's output volume is fine.
All this was done to an Sa-2, the Sa-9 might be slightly different.
Fuck knows about your other questions!
BEND YOUR BRAIN

pneaveill

• Way to much time on his hands
Re: casio sa- questions and clarification.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:09:00 AM »

just a couple of questions, i understand that these may have been asked before.

i am trying to bend a sa-9, i want to do the feedback mod, voltage drop crash, and add a line out

i was following the casper electronics diagram and using the dc in solder points but i have seen other methods for the voltage drop such as cutting the bridge near the battery terminal.

out of those 2 which is the most effective?

also, how do i wire a 1k resistor and 1k potentiometer in parallel to get 500ohm resistance? pictures would be very helpful.

for the feedback mod, do i really need the 1k trim or can i just use the 1k pot by itself?

for the line out, i tried to follow the diagram on the tips page but it was way too quiet, what value should i use?

thanks.

For the most part, series and http://science-ebooks.com/electronics/parallel_circuits.htm']parallel[/url] are quite simple:  place the two components side by side with the inputs touching each other and the outputs touching each other.  Conversely, the series resistor is the output of one being fed from the output of the other. Forgive the Ascii art, but is as follows:

----/\/\/\/\-----/\/\/\/\/----- series

___|--/\/\/\/\-----|___  parallel
       | -/\/\/\/\/----|

Hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:11:43 AM by pneaveill »