Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cleaned the Kitten  (Read 5158 times)

Gnome

Cleaned the Kitten
« on: August 28, 2009, 03:07:56 AM »

Today i sat down with The Kitten made by octave its an old synthesizer that until today I had not recognised its real sound.  I had to open it up and give the old thing a good clean from all the dust and dirt after I did that i screwed it all back together...somehow managing to have 3 extra screws I dunno where they came from.  Then I switched it on usual only the envelope setting would work however it would now let me play with the single notes, it can't play chords its too old lol.  I also managed to fix the white noise generator and the overall quality of the sound.  All this by opening dusting and closing...Why circuitbend? lol

manufactured zero

Re: Cleaned the Kitten
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 03:32:18 AM »

I bet cleaning the childs drool and dog hairs out of a casio sa doesn't improve one of those though ;)

Gnome

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:54:47 AM »

;D Naw you really got to get the proper cleaning tools out for that.  Unlike my polish and oven cleaner  8)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:54:23 PM »

Old Korg rack effects are a nightmare for this.

A lot of those SDD sampling delay racks just don't even power up but if you open them up, clean out all the crap and reseat the connectors then suddenly they spring into life. Always something to remember when trawling ebay  ;)
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Gnome

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 03:25:00 PM »

I would'nt have thought of cleaning it out if it wasnt for my budgies seed falling into it!  Glad the budgie did something nice for me except waking me up to early.