Circuitbenders Forum > Synths & Samplers

Casio SA-1 & PT20

(1/20) > >>

BazTraD:
Hi, I'm new to this, and have aquired 1 of each of the Casio keyboards (SA-1 & PT20).
Does anyone know how bendable these are as I'm desperate to give it a try?
I opened up the SA-1 and started touching the solder points and managed to tune into Talk Sport,
which was hilarious. I did manage to corrupt it a few times that sent it on a crazy random drum path which
was really cool, but I'm not sure how to do something purposeful that I can mess around with.
The PT20 went over my head a bit as the circuitry is pretty vast for such a wee thing.

If anyone can give me some hints or tips on what can be done, it would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Circuitbenders:
Try a voltage drop crash on the SA-1, they are the kings of this bend. Check the tips pages on the site for details of how to do this.

Never opened up any casio PT so can't help with that one :-X

djsynchro:
Heya. just joined & excited! Is there anything else that can be done to an SA-1? (I noticed 2 switches on it)

Cheers.  :)

Circuitbenders:
errrr, as far as i recall on our SA-1's one switch turned on some kind of wild feedback oscillations and the other was a low pass filter or 'top cut' switch. Not entirely sure though, i'll have a look around and see if i can find any notes.

djsynchro:
I'm just asking cuz I've never bent anything before, is it safe to poke around in it?

Don't mind finding bends myself just worried to break it.
It came in the post today, I love it! Will install the voltage drop crash tomorrow.
What's a good place to solder the pot in?
Can it be done without cutting a circuitboard track?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version