Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Vtech Little Smart First Word Plus  (Read 6445 times)

Timodon

• Way to much time on his hands
Vtech Little Smart First Word Plus
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »

Hello all

My first bend in a while - bored yesterday afternoon so I wandered down the charity shop and came back with one of these. My last three random kids toy purchases have all been duds without even a power crash to speak of so I wasn't expecting much but as luck would have it this thing has got a fun little set of interesting bends. I found:-  several pitch up and pitch down points, a glitchy pitch up, one of those whiny distortions and a looping trigger point. Video will follow at some point this week. One issue I have though - the Pitch down points I found all take the sound down to a pleasantly messy place but sadly I don't seem to be able to trigger new sounds with the pitch turned down. This means I have to trigger the sound and then switch in (or dial in) my new pitch whilst it's playing and then if I want a new sound I have to return to normal pitch before I can trigger it. Still fun but slightly limited. Any ideas why this might be/ if there is a way around it?

cheers guys

Tim

Bogus Noise

• Kicks like the DADDY!
    • Bogus Noise Website
Re: Vtech Little Smart First Word Plus
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »

I think this is because the whole circuit is running at a much slower speed, and so button presses take longer to be processed. Unless you mean they're definitely not triggering, the sounds will eventually trigger, but it takes longer. Don't think there's any direct way around this I'm afraid!

Timodon

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:06:57 AM »

Oh well - it does limit how useful the pitch down is sadly.

It's fun to tool around on but not a "classic" bend and certainly not one I'll be using live.

I'll have that video up very soon, promise!

Timodon

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 10:43:00 PM »

And finally, here it is...

Vtech Little smart Circuit Bent.mov