Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ugg- wires to speaker on casio sa-5 came off main board  (Read 4673 times)

zephler

ugg- wires to speaker on casio sa-5 came off main board
« on: August 29, 2009, 04:21:32 AM »

can someone please tell me where they hook up to on the main board? I don't seem to have a proper schematic

zephler

Re: ugg- wires to speaker on casio sa-5 came off main board
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:15:14 AM »

ok - so I found where they go back on, but is white positive or is red positive? Also, can someone please kindly explain to me how one would wire up an on switch using a toggle switch instead of the sliding button?  It would make it much easier to remove the board from the enclosure to test out bends, and since it is a contact on switch, removing the enclosure removes the contact.  What I have done is this so far, but since Casio's live and die every few days I do not know if it is powered correctly or not - I realize this is a newbie question, and I Can test using a volt meter to see if electricity is flowing, but I do not understand which contact points do what, since it appears that some are being contacted even when the device is off?  In this picture I have a DP on off on (is this double throw?) switch with the two middle contacts on the two (separate) middle pins, and the right hand top and bottom gold fingers on the "on" side of the switch (each on separate pins, but same side of "off" - so does this switch do what the contact switch does? What purpose do the left hand top and bottom gold fingers serve?

Gordonjcp

• This person is dangerously insane.
    • http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
Re: ugg- wires to speaker on casio sa-5 came off main board
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:57:58 AM »

For a single speaker it doesn't really matter which way round it goes.  If you've got a stereo pair, then it does ;-)

You should just be able to wire up a toggle switch across the slide switch pins.  It'll probably help to draw out a diagram of the switch and see what's connected to what.

You should probably tidy up the wiring on that connector, too...
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.