Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Need some help on a dd10  (Read 6487 times)

manufactured zero

Need some help on a dd10
« on: September 01, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »

Just wondering if anyone here has any info on dd10 bends. Definately a different kettle of fish to most other old school dd's. I've found a few noisy, screaming effects but none of them are what i'd consider to be worth mutilating the machine for. Shorting what i assume is the sound rom has little effect other than load crackles and silencing. Everything i have found will probably add up to a machine that takes all of a day to get boring. I'm wondering if track cutting might work on these as on the pss140? I'm gonna' fit an ltc which might allow me to sweep the pitch out of it's safe range and into glitch territory but i'd love to know if there are worthwhile glitches available before i spend five hours chasing my tail cutting tracks and then having to repair them etc. If i can get it to go wrong in enough right ways i reckon it'll be a keeper. It's a nice compact machine and one i think i could quite easily get to like using.

Cheers in advance to anyone who can help me out here  ;)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Need some help on a dd10
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »

try listening to that kick over a 5K PA, its an absolute monster  :o
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Need some help on a dd10
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 02:27:40 AM »

I've seen bent ones around but i just didn't have the patience with the two or three i've actually owned in my life. As you say, theres loads of savage distortions that just crash the thing but that appears to be most of what it'll do and i got sick of having to restart it every 5 seconds.

I ended up selling my last one to some guy on ebay who then told me that i'd be going to hell when jesus found out that i hadn't sent him a power supply, which wasn't on the listing anyway. Odd  :-\
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool