Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: yamaha DD-9  (Read 10271 times)

boycey

yamaha DD-9
« on: September 15, 2009, 04:50:50 PM »

Hi all! (first post got to be done  ;D)

I am a novice at this, just started, i've successfully bent a yamaha pc-55 and a grandstand talking whizzkid (sans teaching cards). Both are much fun.

I just took delivery of a DD-9, first thing i do is open it up to find the componentry facing me rather than the circuit track. It also has an annoying on/off switch that breaks the contact when you try to flip the circuitry... I found some possible bends on there probing with my croc clipped screwdrivers and now the first effect pad and more annoyingly the rhythm control wheel no longer function?! Have I made an enormous schoolboy error? Is it recoverable? I've not even plugged in the iron yet!  >:(

Any help gratefully received.  :)

boycey

Re: yamaha DD-9
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:03:08 PM »

it also seems that the volume up button is stuck?  >:(

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »

If you're just turning it off then back on, try taking the batteries out. If that doesn't work [I know I've said this a billion times] just let it sit for a week or so without any batteries in it. I've had machines I thought were done for come back to life a week or two later just because I let them sit there. Hope that helps! Welcome to the forums!
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

boycey

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 05:27:46 PM »

Cheers dylan :)

I'm using the dc converter, turning it on then off has had no effect. I've heard that leaving it for while helps before- allows the caps to lose their charge?

It's just a bit of a pisser, I've barely had the thing 30 minutes!

Dylan

• Closer to the meat
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 05:30:25 PM »

Oh man 30 minutes? That blows. A week or two ago I was trying to bend one of those megaphone voice changers and fried it almost as soon as I got it out of the box. I haven't done anything to it since then (been at college) so I'm hoping that when I go back to it it'll work.
www.palmetronics.com
BitCoin accepted.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »

You can discharge the caps just by shorting their pins together, you don't have to wait for them to leak their charge.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

boycey

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 07:18:01 PM »

i've just been around and tentatively done just that- no change. what i did notice is that there are small diodes next to all of the inactive parts. is it possible i blew these?