Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How hard would it be to fix this? [Kawai X30]  (Read 4695 times)

inactive

How hard would it be to fix this? [Kawai X30]
« on: January 08, 2019, 01:59:01 AM »

Hey all, I've got a Kawai X30 that has some basic bends as of now (pitch bend, sample glitching / creation and percussion modification, unfiltered DAC output), but there is a pretty severe problem that I have with it. Recently, the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard to the main PCB got messed up so bad I had to just remove it, not sure how or why. I've tried re-soldering some new wires to the PCB so they can connect to the keyboard, but doing that resulted in about only 10 of the keys to have any response at all. In short some of the solder pads came clean off, rendering that unusable. Fortunately, it was quite easy to trace where each pin of the PCB goes, but is there anything else I should do / take into account before I just go about soldering wires? The cable connector is pretty strange, and the smallest wire I've got is 28 gauge. I'll send a picture of the cable connector too. Gotta thank Kawai for marking what's what..
Until I can get this fixed, I can only play with the demo tune and the percussion parts of the keyboard.