Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: new to circuit bending, what's good for beginers?  (Read 5041 times)

twazzok

new to circuit bending, what's good for beginers?
« on: November 26, 2009, 02:13:47 AM »

I've been wanting to have a go at circuit bending for a while, and today my flatmate was going to the local market so I thought I'd join him and see if I can find anything interesting, came home with a toy keyboard and a very old very basic looking casio, turns out the casio is broken (it was only a couple quid though) but the kids keyboard's working fine.

I've opened it up and I've been using a line in cable and my fingers to see if I can find any interesting connections but it's been a bit disappointing tbh, most of the connections I've found just reset it or make it go silent, although there is one connection which seems to do some interesting stuff. but I'm payed this Friday so I'm getting some electrical components and I'm going to play around with this to see if I can get anything else out of it.

I'm also looking to buy some new things to experiment with, perhaps a cheap mini keyboard or something, any one able to recommend anything with potential for bending?

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: new to circuit bending, what's good for beginers?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »

speak&spell, if you can afford one at the absurd prices they go for these days.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

twazzok

Re: new to circuit bending, what's good for beginers?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 04:19:46 PM »

yeah, I'm lookinf for something a bit cheaper to start with, might head in the early learning center though see if they have anything interesting