Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Circuit bending new graphics cards, not just the old Acorns ;)  (Read 4531 times)

Tyler1144

• Way to much time on his hands
Circuit bending new graphics cards, not just the old Acorns ;)
« on: December 30, 2009, 10:41:10 PM »

Has anyone bent a graphics card before? I know its not a good idea if its your only PC but its perfect for that old dusty thing in the closet. I saw a video on youtube of an old Acorn computer from 1993 (those graphics cards were really old). Are the effects any different with the newer graphics chips? I would imagine they would probably have more color and higher resolution and such, but i never got around to bending a new one. Has anyone bent a computer graphics card/cpu before?

Gleix

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: Circuit bending new graphics cards, not just the old Acorns ;)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:33:56 AM »

When I was in high school I tore apart my school-given laptop and probed around on the ribbon cable points that run to the LCD screen and other points nearby. It caused lots of colors and various shapes and patterns. It was a Dell lattitude D-610. I did not damage it by doing this. If it had the school would have had it fixed at no charge to them/me ;D

Pardon the quality, this was taken on my cell phone: Video

It would be fun to create a trigger box for the different visual points to sync it up with music.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:15:25 AM by Gleix »

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
Re: Circuit bending new graphics cards, not just the old Acorns ;)
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:15:13 AM »

that acorn computer bend is nuts!
yum, plastic sinewaves