Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Its been a bit quiet around here recently  (Read 77422 times)

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
  • This person is dangerously insane.
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
Re: Its been a bit quiet around here recently
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2010, 03:30:37 AM »

I'm thinking it might be an idea to rearrange things so that each board has subsections for individual makers rather than individual machines or else things might get a bit unwieldy. So on the drum machines board we'd have a subsection for Roland, Korg and Kawai etc etc, and if other new brands start getting posts i'll start a new subsection for them.

I'll probably add a DIY synths board as well as there seems to be a lot of talk of DIY oscillators and similar stuff recently.
i am not paid to listen to this drivel, you are a terminal fool

Matt the Modulator

• Kicks like the DADDY!
  • 8Bit Brain Analog Heart
    • THE MAGIC MESS
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »

seems fare to me and yeah a synth diy section definitely! like others ive stopped bending as much and moved to basic synth circuits as its easier in a way its getting hard and expensive to find bending victims these days
8Bit Brain Analog Heart

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 07:42:29 PM »

Ok, i've added four sections for manufacturers in the drum machines section and added a new DIY synths section under 'circuitbending discussion.

I'll try to add some different manufacturers sections in the toys and Synths & Samplers section asap.

electoyd

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

so much better Paul, really like the new layout  ;D

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »

I'm going to randomly de-rail this thread haha, Paul did you ever try bending the RM1X? if not do you fancy selling to me so I can have a go?

Aid
yum, plastic sinewaves

kitsophrenik

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
  • GET KILLED
    • its my facebook... innit! =)
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2010, 03:49:39 PM »

loudddddddddddd noises
KINETIC INDIVIDUAL TRAINED for SABOTAGE and ONLINE NULLIFICATION.....

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2010, 05:36:51 PM »

Can't help you with that one i'm afraid. As with most RM1X's of the planet, half the keyboard buttons have stopped working on mine, so i'm using it as a general sound source for testing effects units and a quick midi pattern player for testing analogue stuff with a midi-cv & midi-din sync convertor.

Its certainly not usable as any kind of music making tool in its current state.

SineHacker

• Kicks like the DADDY!
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »

no worries ;)
yum, plastic sinewaves

Gordonjcp

• http://www.nekosynth.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2010, 12:51:34 PM »

As with most RM1X's of the planet, half the keyboard buttons have stopped working

If they're just wee clickyswitches then they should be easy to replace.  I did all the buttons on my Redsound Darkstar which improved it massively, and modified my mate's Sequential Sixtrak to have clickyswitches instead of conductive pads.
If at first you don't succeed, stick it through a fuzzbox.

Circuitbenders

• crustypaul
  • Admin
    • Circuitbenders.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2010, 04:28:40 PM »

They are definately conductive pad jobs but trying to get at the inside of the front panel is a nightmare. I had it open a while back but was faced with about 5 layers of boards that had to be removed before even starting to fix the keyboard buttons.

nochtanseenspecht

• Three fingered inbred banjo plucker
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »

true, its hell to reach them..
does anyone know the correct part number of these buttons ?
i would hate it to remove all the boards etc to discover that i got just the wrong buttons  ;)
there's only 3 or 4 still functioning on mine..  it is a great sequencer however

Tyler1144

• Way to much time on his hands
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 02:45:03 PM »

THIS FORUM IS GOOD, BUT IT NEEDS EXPOSURE. With that being said, why not have some of our youtube members help by linking to us in the info?

druzz

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 07:11:08 PM »

hi ! i'm new here ., i'll try to make some noize.
i will be bending a merlin soon .i want to get decent  solder skills before ... working on it .  chek it out in the toy section i uploaded pics of the inside . i will send info about miy progress . i could not find any useful info about this cool vintage toy on the web so i guess i'm on my own
if its not broken , brake it

Ciderfeks

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »

The two circuit bending sites I visit the most are this one and casperelectronics.com . I guess I don't post much because it is obvious that the majority of the regular posters here have more knowledge than I do so the stuff I'm learning now is old hat to them, but thats not to say I don't appreciate and value the forum. If I spot a thread that I feel I can contribute to in some small way then I do but I don't want to just flood the forum with constant questions and requests for help and/or stating the obvious! I suppose that is probably true for many newcomers to the scene who don't have the experience of say yourself or Gordon CJP. Anyway, I like the new layout and the addition of the DIY section which is probably a logical next step for most people who get into circuit bending. I reckon once people have got to grips with adding pitch bends and glitches, things like how to build a simple LFO or delay circuit are sure to follow.

That leads me on to Casperelectronics where I really like the schematics archive he's compiled there - they let you learn for yourself and in your own time whilst giving you pointers to useful bends that wont fry the gear you've just paid over the odds for on ebay! Once you've got the basics learnt then it's possible to go on to explore things more creatively for yourself, but you gotta start somewhere. So schematics are good, in my mind anyway...

Anyway cheers for the forum, it's a great resource and one which i hope to be able to contribute more to as I learn. In the meantime I'm off to carve up a Barbie Karaoke machine.  ;D

Timodon

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »

Just a thought, following on from what someone else said -  if internet fora are seen primarily as information resources then it's kind of like the eventual aim of them is to get quieter and quieter as more info becomes available on the search function and less people actually need to ask questions. Also it does seem like less people are posting but I'm certainly checking back in every now and then just to see what's happening or search the archives.

If you're trying to drum up a bit of community spirit though (I think it's a good thing btw!) then how about revisiting a couple of old ideas - a circuit bending competition/ song competition or a circuitbenders compilation?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5