Circuitbenders Forum > Parts, Components, Unbent machines & Junk

Roland R5 power supply or connector

(1/3) > >>

Circuitbenders:
Before i go to the effort of building a replacement PSU i don't suppose anyone has a spare Roand R5 power supply or even just one of their wierd power connectors going spare? I assume its the same PSU as used on the R8 but i'm not sure.

In their infinite wisdom Roland chose to use a +10v / -10v dual power supply with a strange 3 pin D shaped power connector on the R5. This does seem like a rather gratuitous way of getting people to pay them stupid money for a replacement PSU if they need one. It looks like i'm going to have to just build a new power supply and bodge in a different power socket if i can't get hold of an original.

Circuitbenders:
Well it works fine with the ±12v rails from a PC power supply, bit bulky though.

LoneStar81:
Late reply, but still: I have some spares laying around I want to get rid of, including an R-5 / R-8 PSU, a mostly-finished-bent R-5 and an R-8 in parts. You'll only need a power plug adaptor since this one is EU-type.
If you want, you can have the stuff for cheap, like postage plus a favour of some sort or anything.

Circuitbenders:
i would definately be interested, i've sent you a PM.  :)

LoneStar81:
*bump* PM ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version