Circuitbenders Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: line input down to mic input  (Read 6400 times)

Dj Task Manager

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
line input down to mic input
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »

Im modding a echo circuit from a karaoke machine.  Its sounding rad but the problem is i have to have the input from the source (my laptop currently whilst testing) down really low as its supposed to have mic in rather than line in. 

I presume the signal is amped up straight after input before going through the echo circuitry so I thought it would be sensible and cleaner to bypass the amp bit with the line signal rather than trim it then send it through the amp bit to boost it up again.  But alas my theory is either wrong or I cant find the right points to pipe the line signal in.

So I have had a crack at plan b) what I wanted to avoid, trimming the volume down then just sending it into the mic in.  I thought this would be easy, adding a 10k pot with a 0.1cap (as casper electronics does to his barbie karaoke), but I cant seem to get anything other than muffled or screeching distortion!....

Any tips/thoughts?

Dj Task Manager

• Dayglo Volunteer of International Masturbation
Re: line input down to mic input
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:17 PM »

Ha haaaaa!

shorting out a certain transistor and plumbing in the line-in after the post input ampy section seems to have done it!
it still seems to work fine for mic input too so thats handy too.

Huzzar x